People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

N-russians = finnougric relatives?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

N-russians = finnougric relatives? Empty
PostSubject: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 am

http://ajhg.org/AJHG/abstract/S0002-9297(07)00025-0

N-russians = finnougric relatives, south-russians other ppl ?
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 2:49 pm

telkola wrote:

The page doesn't appear.
But I have also thought about this.
Their grammar is different from the other Slavic languages, some parts are like in Finno-Ugrian languages.
And from a Hungarian perspective, Finns look exactly the same as Russians.
Back to top Go down
svybski

PostSubject: Re: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 4:07 am

Kiskun wrote:
telkola wrote:

The page doesn't appear.
But I have also thought about this.
Their grammar is different from the other Slavic languages, some parts are like in Finno-Ugrian languages.
And from a Hungarian perspective, Finns look exactly the same as Russians.

The link was broken, dont click but copy-paste this: http://ajhg.org/AJHG/abstract/S0002-9297(07)00025-0

(there is parenthesis in the link and it meshes the wiki..)

Yes we do look the same Shocked but when I read this abstract I realized that it makes sense that there are actually *2* russian people... we still are not so close relatives to S-russians

And what about east-russia? they are like half chinese half russians now.. and kaliningradians is like german/russian/polish mixture
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Thank you.
So then you are Russian?
Back to top Go down
svybski

PostSubject: n-russians are finnougric   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Kiskun wrote:
Thank you.
So then you are Russian?

lol Smile more like n-russians are finnougric.

there is vastly historical evidence of vikings (swedish, norwegians) and finns living in besides/near/along volga river.

in fact, the southernmost finnish/karelian region is in Russia east from Estonia and was independent some years sometime 1917-1921. small Finnish troop protected the area consisting of 3 villages but the agreement was Russia forced to evacuate the whole civilian population & troops in the 20s.

thousands years ago during the viking era there was lots of viking population there who spoke in vikingian language which resembles swedish/norwegian and also finnish/estonian (i think it is called ancient/old norse), which is funny.

in Siberia, and near moscow etc. there are still lots of finnougric people.
those are not necessarily very close relatives to finnish/estonians.

so I think it is no wonder that n-russians are genetically close to finnougrians since they kind of got to assimilated to the russian population... afterall the language and culture binds people, not so much your ancestors.

in fact I strongly doubt that there even is such a thing as russian people, they are more like mixture of every kind of people in the area (there are >300 different people), as the americans (u.s.) are mixture of races. (only thing what bind the americans is the flag!!)

(in fact according to one research, also finns are mixture of 2 genetically different people: let's call them "easterners" and "westerners". My guess is that westerners' ancestors were vikings (???) and easterners' ancestors were finnougric, but you cannot be sure... these two people are not totally mixed even today, i can see that there are physical (=genetical) differences: the faces of easterners and westerners look different)
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:33 pm

telkola wrote:
Kiskun wrote:
Thank you.
So then you are Russian?

lol Smile more like n-russians are finnougric.

there is vastly historical evidence of vikings (swedish, norwegians) and finns living in besides/near/along volga river.

in fact, the southernmost finnish/karelian region is in Russia east from Estonia and was independent some years sometime 1917-1921. small Finnish troop protected the area consisting of 3 villages but the agreement was Russia forced to evacuate the whole civilian population & troops in the 20s.

thousands years ago during the viking era there was lots of viking population there who spoke in vikingian language which resembles swedish/norwegian and also finnish/estonian (i think it is called ancient/old norse), which is funny.

in Siberia, and near moscow etc. there are still lots of finnougric people.
those are not necessarily very close relatives to finnish/estonians.

so I think it is no wonder that n-russians are genetically close to finnougrians since they kind of got to assimilated to the russian population... afterall the language and culture binds people, not so much your ancestors.

in fact I strongly doubt that there even is such a thing as russian people, they are more like mixture of every kind of people in the area (there are >300 different people), as the americans (u.s.) are mixture of races. (only thing what bind the americans is the flag!!)

(in fact according to one research, also finns are mixture of 2 genetically different people: let's call them "easterners" and "westerners". My guess is that westerners' ancestors were vikings (???) and easterners' ancestors were finnougric, but you cannot be sure... these two people are not totally mixed even today, i can see that there are physical (=genetical) differences: the faces of easterners and westerners look different)
Yeah, I read about it too. Moreover they also say there is behaviour-difference between Western and Eastern Finns. The latter are not so quiet and more loud - so they say.

But my original question is: what is your native language and where do you live?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N-russians = finnougric relatives?   N-russians = finnougric relatives? Empty

Back to top Go down

N-russians = finnougric relatives?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: News :: Add news-
Jump to: