People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Immigrants from former USSR

Go down 
+3
Krissukristel
vJ
Voodoo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrees
Anonymous

Immigrants from former USSR Empty
PostSubject: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptyWed May 16, 2007 6:09 pm

I allways wondered what are the main courses of disagreements between the locals and the newcomers in the baltic states.I read a lot of news and i like history..so well here are some.I wont say Russians because many are form ukraine,belarus and caucasus etc..

1. Demographical catastrophy in Latvia and Estonia
2. The crimes of soviet regime which russia tryes to denie
3. Cult of the great War
4. The anger of the defeat(loss of independence)
5. New ppl from former Ussr dont feel like they are from home here
6. Different minds and views.
7. Different sources of informations.

add some please and if ya have some ideas to solve theese problems..post please.
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptyWed May 16, 2007 7:29 pm

More intencive dialog, at least in Estonia we need more of that.
Another thing is media, russian media is different, they should be mixed somhow, so russians could also understand estonians, via versa also.
So part of estonian and russian journalists should be swiched in media organisations Smile
Back to top Go down
vJ

vJ

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptyThu May 17, 2007 1:09 am

Kaspar wrote:
More intencive dialog, at least in Estonia we need more of that.
Another thing is media, russian media is different, they should be mixed somhow, so russians could also understand estonians, via versa also.
So part of estonian and russian journalists should be swiched in media organisations Smile

same problem with media and russians here in finland too..
they come here and dont even try to integrate to the society.. they hang in own groups, watch only russian tv channels / radio, they refuse to learn finnish etc.. and then they cry becouse they cant have citizenship or becouse rest of the world doesnt go like they want it to be...
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptyThu May 17, 2007 1:43 am

so whats the reason, arrogance, russiasism, stupidity?
Back to top Go down
Krissukristel

Krissukristel

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptyThu May 17, 2007 11:22 am

Quote :
they come here and dont even try to integrate to the society.. they hang in own groups, watch only russian tv channels / radio, they refuse to learn finnish etc.. and then they cry becouse they cant have citizenship or becouse rest of the world doesnt go like they want it to be...
so true. As someone recently said, they are not used to beeng 'minority' in a society, therefor they try desperetly to hang on to the big motherland identity.
But lets face it, you shouldnt bring your own rules to someone else'e home. ANd I've has several discussions over it here in USA.

As I've always said, citizenship is not something anyone should get. it's something you have to earn. You have to respect the locals. You have to learn their language. You have to respect the laws. I wouldn't give citizenship to any illegals. I'm sorry but every country has enough criminals, no need to bring them in from other countrys.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 3:45 pm

I read about this topic but I want to hear it from people living there:
What are the criterias of getting the citizenship in Estonia, then in Latvia, and in Lithuania? I guess it is different in each.
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 3:48 pm

language test, maybe some kind of test about knowledge of Estonia or something. I dont know, but i know that they are alot eazyer than in other countries
Back to top Go down
Earthland

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Quote :
What are the criterias of getting the citizenship in Estonia, then in Latvia, and in Lithuania? I guess it is different in each.

everybody has to speak Estonian + sth like swear loyalty to Estonian country.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 3:58 pm

Okey, and what do you think, what amont of the Russian population has citizenship?
Back to top Go down
Earthland

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 4:16 pm

Dunno. Not all of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 8:32 pm

Kiskun wrote:
Okey, and what do you think, what amont of the Russian population has citizenship?
30% I think... Not sure, maybe it was 30% who are without one.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm

Hypno wrote:
Kiskun wrote:
30% I think... Not sure, maybe it was 30% who are without one.

Hmm
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR EmptySun May 20, 2007 10:02 pm

if 30% is correct then those 30% doesnt have citizenship
Back to top Go down
https://people.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants from former USSR   Immigrants from former USSR Empty

Back to top Go down

Immigrants from former USSR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: Political :: Baltic’s-
Jump to: