People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! Empty
PostSubject: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Quote :
I found [Duma speaker] Boris Gryzlov's reaction a little over the top [Gryzlov was quoted as saying the decision proves Moscow has allies with whom it can prevent the creation of a unipolar world], and it is true that television has been showing him a lot.

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2007/07/20234e99-1493-4d47-afab-00b2ad7dadcb.html

lol! Congratulation to Russia!

However this is another politically motivated decision and Gryzlov don't even hide this. How the EU leaders feel right now? Talking much about human rights aimed to domestic audience and later their people vote to award Olympics to China (this was even more scandalous) and Russia, what a hypocrisy!

By the way, IOC is the most corrupt international organization second to the UN only.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 11:06 pm

International Hate wrote:

So what wrong with the decision? I think the Beijing olympics is valuable change to pressurize the Chinese government to do something about human rights.

Before Olympics were held in Nazi Germany and Soviet Union and I doubt that somebody could put forward such thesis that because that they improved human rights record. European public opinion is completely uniformed about situation in China, media don't cover stories from this region at all. I'm reading regularly articles of Polish journalist who lives in Taiwan with Chinese husband and from her information nothing really changed in China. They still run horrific Gulags called Laogai where is nearly impossible to survive.

Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! Execution

Quote :
But after all, what does human rights has to do with sports competitions anyway? Ok i wouldn't be very satisfied if the next Olympics went to Myanmar or Sudan, but should the human rights / democracy / whatever be the greatest reason to give the olympics to some country? Then probably Switzerland and Sweden got all the olympics Smile

I don't claim that only democratic countries should be allowed to organize Olympics but sorry, countries with kill its own citizens like flies should be excluded.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 11:29 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 12:05 am

Perhaps in Finland they cover the situation in China but I doubt that in larger countries the do the same. In Poland I don't remember anybody pointed out this problem.

Also I'm not against death penalty, some people simply deserve this rather to be pain on the asses of taxpayers to the end of their miserable life. I believe that Americans are cautious enough with this issue in opposition to lawless China.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Quote :
Razz
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
Perhaps in Finland they cover the situation in China but I doubt that in larger countries the do the same. In Poland I don't remember anybody pointed out this problem.

Also I'm not against death penalty, some people simply deserve this rather to be pain on the asses of taxpayers to the end of their miserable life. I believe that Americans are cautious enough with this issue in opposition to lawless China.

Well I know pretty long that in China humans rights are beign broken. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 6:14 pm

I could talk a lot about this China thing, but maybe I open another topic for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi!   Winter Olympic Games awarded to Sochi! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: Political :: Russia-
Jump to: