People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Good 'ol times.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 pm

I'd like to know how was it in countries in 1918-1939 years. Write about the problems the state had to face. What was the system, policy, government, main parties (If there were any other), economy, how were relations with other countries etc. were there any wars in this period, any territories lost, achieved or wanted to get, everything what's possible. Smile
If you'd like to know same about my country, just tell so, or other Polish mates will write about that earlier.

tongue
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:54 am

Huh? Nobody knows what was happening in this period? Sad

Ah c'mon, You gotta be kidding me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 3:48 pm

I know but I would wish rather to see how do you describe this period of time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 8:03 pm

If You ask me I already know about Poland, I'd just like to know how was it in other countries, I only know few.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 8:11 pm

I was born in the 80s so I can hardly tell you a lot about what was before. Here I have been told I cannot trust the history books etc., so I have no past at all at the moment. I can only be sure about the last two or three hours Smile
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Here between the two world wars there was a hegemonist system. There was multiparty system, but voting rights weren't 100% democratic, only more-or-less (though women had also) and some people's votes valued 2, so always the same party won, which was a right-side one. But whenever a prime minister became ashamed of Hitler the Governor deplaced him, so it never became radical here in this period.

The most important topic was always how to get back the lands which were taken from Hungary in 1920 --> 2/3 of the territory, with millions of Hungarian population, because the borders weren't drawn according to the ethnic borders Crying or Very sad

The World Economic Slump reached us too, and didn't recover from it until the mid 1930's.
Hungarian peasants didn't became farmers like in Estonia and Finland in these decades, so poverty was still a tough problem here.
I think that is enough, if it takes even longer, nobody would read it.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Kiskun wrote:
Here between the two world wars there was a hegemonist system. There was multiparty system, but voting rights weren't 100% democratic, only more-or-less (though women had also) and some people's votes valued 2, so always the same party won, which was a right-side one. But whenever a prime minister became ashamed of Hitler the Governor deplaced him, so it never became radical here in this period.

The most important topic was always how to get back the lands which were taken from Hungary in 1920 --> 2/3 of the territory, with millions of Hungarian population, because the borders weren't drawn according to the ethnic borders Crying or Very sad

The World Economic Slump reached us too, and didn't recover from it until the mid 1930's.
Hungarian peasants didn't became farmers like in Estonia and Finland in these decades, so poverty was still a tough problem here.

Thanks!

Yer the Tiranion Treaty, it's unfair how many lands they took from you.
Wasn't easier after the Black Thursday, aye?

I also read that right in the begining Hungary was a communist country, "Hungarian Soviet Republic'' it existed from March 21 until August 6, 1919.
Your naighbours like Slovakia or Roumania were quite scared that you can attack 'em at any time.

pirat

Last edited by on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 pm

I actually know a lot about this period, but I want more info, more directly linked to certain countries, I just can't find any, like about the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovakians nor Czechoslovakia, just about our battles with it.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 pm

«Trayus» wrote:
Kiskun wrote:

Thanks!

Yer the Tiranion Treaty, it's unfair how many lands they took from you.
Wasn't easier after the Black Thursday, aye?

I also read that right in the begining Hungary was a communist country, "Hungarian Soviet Republic'' it existed from March 21 until August 6, 1919.
Your naighbours like Slovakia or Roumania were quite scared that you can attack 'em at any time.

pirat

But we didn't, and we retrieved our armies after a peace, but Rumanians lied, and they didn't , their army stayed at the lines Razz
Our armies went to Slovakia, reoccupied it, then the Hungarians found the Slovakian Republic and Hungarian forces came out of Slovakia, so they could really thank us their liberty instead of raping a woman because she was talking Hungarian in her mobile phone and not Slovakian Razz
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Here's a bit of taste of pre-war Warsaw and Łódź.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=dKBmdHTWybU

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7zU9tvATs

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=W42cWpDzMgo

I really like the pre-war Warsaw, it looked so much better then the current one, damn nazis...damn communists. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good 'ol times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'ol times.   Good 'ol times. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good 'ol times.
Page 1 of 1