People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Geographic quiz about US!

Go down 
+2
NowhereMan
Rzeczpospolita
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Geographic quiz about US! Empty
PostSubject: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 12:12 am

http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/usaquiz.html

I have seen some posters complaining about ignorance of average Americans about European geography. Lets check out how Europeans know American geography. Most of American states are are bigger than for example Estonia and in many areas less dependent from Washington than EU members from Brussels.

My results was 87 points out of 150. However I admit that about three/four years ago I was playing such geography games on internet, including US geography.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 12:19 am

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/usaquiz.html

I have seen some posters complaining about ignorance of average Americans about European geography. Lets check out how Europeans know American geography. Most of American states are are bigger than for example Estonia and in many areas less dependent from Washington than EU members from Brussels.

My results was 87 points out of 150. However I admit that about three/four years ago I was playing such geography games on internet, including US geography.

I know only Oregon and Michigan 'cause I have friends there Smile Also I know California, Alaska and some other big or famous states. But I don't complain about americans ignorance Smile)
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 12:44 am

I wouldn't complain either if they wouldn't offend other countries.

I probably started to learn these states of the USA if they were independent countries but right now I can't see much point in just swotting parts of the USA.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 12:29 pm

76... And a LOT by 'accident' Razz

And bob, you cheater! You live in the states Razz
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 1:54 pm

144/150
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 4:27 pm

I was 100% sure of few locations and knew in what region I can search for the rest, thus I had many second and third chance shots.

Kiskun, how often do you travel to the US Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
I was 100% sure of few locations and knew in what region I can search for the rest, thus I had many second and third chance shots.

Kiskun, how often do you travel to the US Wink

I have never been to the US, and don't have friends or relatives living there.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Many of you surely know it, but maybe some don't:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Come on, this is cheap propaganda. I could make such film about any country. Reminds me communist propaganda. Uneducated people are everywhere and authors included only such answers.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 4:31 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 1:00 am

bobhatersfriend wrote:
i asked all my friends what country started with the letter "U"

my asian friend said "Ukraine" but all my other friends couldn't guess...
See Rzecz? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geographic quiz about US!   Geographic quiz about US! Empty

Back to top Go down

Geographic quiz about US!
Page 1 of 1