People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought Empty
PostSubject: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Quote :
The Moldovan government has addressed an appeal to the diplomatic missions and development partners in the donor countries asking for financial assistance and materials necessary to mitigate consequences of drought, according to the press service of the Agriculture and Food Ministry.

Under the appeal, currently, Moldova is undertaking measures to minimise consequences of drought, to develop the agrifood sector and ensure the country s food security. The latest appraisal by the Agriculture Ministry shows that the agrifood sector has incurred one billion dollars in losses.

The abnormal heat that hit Moldova this summer has provoked a crisis in the agrifood sector, with figures showing the lowest productivity of the last 60 years. Consequently, the drought will strongly impact the financial situation of farmers; the seed fund as well as the genetic fund of animals will be partially lost; there will be troubles with the raw material for the food industry and budgetary income in 2007-2008 will plunge.

http://www.moldpres.md/default.asp?Lang=en&ID=71889

Who could run country of which economy is based on agriculture? Of course the communists, what a surprise Laughing What is more they are democratically elected! I hope that we send them nothing (as a state), Moldovan middleman would steal everything anyway. They should simply join Romania, I have read that a very big part of population try to get Romanian passports.
Back to top Go down
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: stolen lands back!   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:

Who could run country of which economy is based on agriculture? Of course the communists, what a surprise Laughing What is more they are democratically elected! I hope that we send them nothing (as a state), Moldovan middleman would steal everything anyway. They should simply join Romania, I have read that a very big part of population try to get Romanian passports.

As we all possibly know, Moldova was part of Romania but was split from the motherland because of ussr..

It would be like returning old occupied land back. Russians there are living in Dnestr (or what they call it?) which is small area and possibly would not be a problem.

I just learned from news that russia almost gave back Karelia to the Finland in 90s, but our (former) president (Mauno Koivisto) decided that it is not good to get Karelia back because it would be too costly.. grrrrrrrrr....why our politicians so often make so lousy, unintelligent actions? Sad

I also dont like politicians..
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 7:53 pm

telkola wrote:

As we all possibly know, Moldova was part of Romania but was split from the motherland because of ussr..

They had referendum on this issue in early 90--ties and rejected this option. However I'm not sure how free these elections were.

Quote :
It would be like returning old occupied land back. Russians there are living in Dnestr (or what they call it?) which is small area and possibly would not be a problem.

In this area is around 30% of Romanians, Ukrainains and Russians and with help of Kremlin this is quite a big problem right now.

Quote :
I just learned from news that russia almost gave back Karelia to the Finland in 90s, but our (former) president (Mauno Koivisto) decided that it is not good to get Karelia back because it would be too costly.. grrrrrrrrr....why our politicians so often make so lousy, unintelligent actions? Sad

Western Germans paid a big price for reconstrucyion of Eastern part of the country and this is great defeat. Eastern Germans aren't grateful and even feel to be citizens of second category. A lot of them left to the west leaving empty cities. But in this case at least there was a national interest for Germans to unite. How many Finns still leave in "Russian" Karelia? What is your interest to subside Russians?

Another aspect is how could Finnish president made such decision if you Finns here wrote before that president is not important in your country. Did you have presidential system at that time?
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 12:47 pm

I heard some rumors that Poland could get back it's eastern lands along with Vilinus back, taken by USSR. Actually, I read it somewhere on the net, if I'll find the siite I'll show it, I think there were possibly 3 options of repaying the 1939 agression:

1. Getting back all eastern lands.
2. USSR shall give away Kaliningrad city and region to Poland and transfer Poles living in Kazachstan to this place.
3. Repaying in money issue. Not sure how much though.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 7:33 pm

Neither option was possible because this is not what Stalin wanted. In Yalta he got what he wanted with aproval of Churchill and Rooslvelt. I mean territorial gain.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:40 pm

No, no, I don't mean right after World war 2, I mean while USSR's fall.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:11 pm

«Trayus» wrote:
No, no, I don't mean right after World war 2, I mean while USSR's fall.

Only a deluded Pole could figure out something like above, I mean such possibilities Smile
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:09 pm

What makes you think so? Who knows maybe there was such a possibility? Why not?
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:50 pm

«Trayus» wrote:
What makes you think so? Who knows maybe there was such a possibility? Why not?

This is wrong question, why yes? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought   Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought Empty

Back to top Go down

Moldova calls for donor countries assistance over drought
Page 1 of 1