People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin

Go down 
+3
NowhereMan
bobhatersfriend
Rzeczpospolita
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin Empty
PostSubject: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 pm

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=71871

Quote :
"I don't understand why the Russian president has to finish his
presidency and leave," Nazarbayev said in an interview with Russian
television station Vesti in his newly built capital Astana in the
middle of the Kazakh steppe.

"You know, you can look and listen to what they say abroad and in
Europe, and I have been listening for 15 years. They can say anything,
but a president should do what his people and state need."

"When your people assess your work, the results are all, the rest is
rubbish," he told his two Russian interviewers. "Our people have
elected us, we have been working for them and the rest is all
secondary."

Nazarbayev proofs his loyalty to Kremlin and is woried that with Russia respecting democratic rules soon his country will be forced to do so. He said also that other leaders of Central Asian states support Putin as well. Their motivation is the same.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 4:37 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
i like Putin, and i think he should stay as president,

i don't get it, why does everyone hate him?

Hmm.. Let's put it this way - why do you like Putin and think he should stay as president, which is against the law, btw?
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Quote :
et's put it this way - why do you like Putin and think he should stay as president

I've heard that Putin is very popular among youth, I wonder why.
I know that situation in Russia is very complicated and to stop robing country, make it stronger, politics like him maybe very suitable. One yournalist said that when he got job in Russia he hated Putin, but when he was leaving Russia after few years he was almost loving President.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Quote :
et's put it this way - why do you like Putin and think he should stay as president

I've heard that Putin is very popular among youth, I wonder why.
I know that situation in Russia is very complicated and to stop robing country, make it stronger, politics like him maybe very suitable. One yournalist said that when he got job in Russia he hated Putin, but when he was leaving Russia after few years he was almost loving President.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 7:51 pm

It is just time to go now. He may return in 2012 if he likes to... if he'll be elected of course))
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 am

bobhatersfriend wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
i like Putin, and i think he should stay as president,

i don't get it, why does everyone hate him?

Hmm.. Let's put it this way - why do you like Putin and think he should stay as president, which is against the law, btw?

well FDR was a president for 4 terms =], and um, well Russia has been doing well with him,

Russian constitution allows only two terms. Russia might have been doing well with Putin, but I'm pretty sure it could have done much better. And hope will do better with another president. Lots of stupid things have been done by Putin's team... no need to list them all here...

This forum actually started because one of them))

PS Yeah, those who want putin for the third term often compare him with FDR. Dear... pu = FDR??! nonsense!
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 8:29 pm

This is a question of civilizational choice of Russia which always balanced on beetwen so called western and Asian civilizations. After fall of Soviet Union seemed to tend toward the first one but especially with second candency of Putin started "ballance" again. If Putin would change constitution in the last moment following the way of leaders of Central Asia like Nazarbayev, this would mean that Russia wont fully join to western civilization in the nearest time for sure. Of course from my perspective I would prefer the first solution because we need stabile Russia to honestly cooperate and compete with them.

Quote :

And hope will do better with another president. Lots of stupid things have been done by Putin's team...

The new president dont solve anything either, this is just obvious thing that should be done. If not Putin I'm sure that somebody from his cirlce, this soi called "Putin's team" will become the new one.

Quote :
PS Yeah, those who want putin for the third term often compare him with FDR. Dear... pu = FDR??! nonsense!

FDR is not a hero either for Eastern Europeans from former Soviet satelite countries who knows history . Cool
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Quote :
FDR is not a hero either for Eastern Europeans from former Soviet satelite countries who knows history .

Well, he's sort of a hero for his country...

Quote :
The new president dont solve anything either, this is just obvious thing that should be done. If not Putin I'm sure that somebody from his cirlce, this soi called "Putin's team" will become the new one.

Hmm.. it's a bit more complicated..there's not just "one team" and things change... It was Yeltsin and Berezovsky who brought Putin to power Wink so who knows what will happen..
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 9:20 pm

NowhereMan wrote:

Hmm.. it's a bit more complicated..there's not just "one team" and things change... It was Yeltsin and Berezovsky who brought Putin to power Wink so who knows what will happen..

Yeltsyn was a walking zombie at that time, he was forced by this KGB gang to chose one of them. Why would he chose Putin anyway? Now situation is diffrent Putin has strong position and his people control everything what is worth something in Russia. Oligarchs spent time on counting money that they grabbed. KGB apparattus is different, they know how they get rid of oligarchs and don't want to find themselves in the same position soon. This is why they decided to take control over every imortant position.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:52 pm

I see that Putin sometimes act's Catherine II of Russia towards Poland, probably ever since our Twin Bro's are in power.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 pm

«Trayus» wrote:
I see that Putin sometimes act's Catherine II of Russia towards Poland, probably ever since our Twin Bro's are in power.

When Kwasniewski visited Moscow, his excellency Putin allowed him to wait about a hour before he found a time to talk with him. Kwasniewski got a treatment of ordinary foreign agent who visit Moscow to present its periodical report to boss. This is humiliation Wink

During WWII celebrations in Moscow Kwasniewski representing officially 4-th largest allied army sat somewhere in six/seventh row of officials surrounded by presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. This is humiliation Wink
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:04 pm

Perhaps, perhaps not, even though, relations with Russia were better before these came in, their foreign policy sucks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:48 pm

No „perhaps” here, justa facts. Relations with Russia are bad because Kremlin run such policy that cannot be otherwise. I would even agree that foreign policy of twins sucks (although is better than before). They are doing much of noise and gain very little from all of this. A pity that other mainstream politicians are even worse.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 10:50 pm

I personally think Putin is quite good president for Russia as he has greatly improved the economics of the country and also made Russia so strong that nobody dares to disrespect it.

But there are also some serious wantages like the fact that most people living in the countryside are still very poor, as I've heard. The popular draft system is also rotten - it's not normal that 500 boys every year die because of beating, thousands escape from military bases, hundreds make suicide (and we actually can't be sure that it was suicide) and many get really bad injuries (like Andrei Sõtshov who was beaten that badly that his legs and genitals had to be amputated).
And politically the sad thing is that Russia has basically no allies among other countries thanks to Putins behaviour, but that has been same through the history.
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 11:59 pm

Helena wrote:
I personally think Putin is quite good president for Russia as he has greatly improved the economics of the country and also made Russia so strong that nobody dares to disrespect it.
For Russia- yes; For everyone else- not really...

Helena wrote:
And politically the sad thing is that Russia has basically no allies among other countries thanks to Putins behaviour, but that has been same through the history.
No? As far as I know, the best relations are with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, China, Cuba, etc...
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 10:04 am

Helena wrote:

Putin just installed some order but based on centralization tendencies and such model always falls sooner or later. Oil and gas exports allow him to finance this flawed model but instead to waste this money he should invest them in to all kind of transport infrastructure. Of course this is just one out of dozens things he should do...

I disagree that nobody dares to disrespect Russia. I would not call this "respect" rather "wariness". I will never truly respect any undeveloped country with weak economy, even my own.

Quote :

No? As far as I know, the best relations are
with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova,
Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, China, Cuba, etc...

Russia imposed food export ban on Moldova and messing in unregignized republic of Transdniester which is officially part of this country. Relationship with Ukraine is also much weaker than before, since Yushchenko won elections. To some extend this also aply to Belarus, Lukashenko all the time demand special low prices for energy resources.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 9:47 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
No „perhaps” here, justa facts. Relations with Russia are bad because Kremlin run such policy that cannot be otherwise. I would even agree that foreign policy of twins sucks (although is better than before)...

By ''before'' you mean their foreign policy few months/year ago before this moment? Or better then the last government before 'em?

Bad relations, but It could be slightly better if it weren't for these two.

Quote :
During WWII celebrations in Moscow Kwasniewski representing officially 4-th largest allied army sat somewhere in six/seventh row of officials surrounded by presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. This is humiliation

Give me the source of this information if You please. I'm intrested in further acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin   Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay on As President, Kazakh Leader Tells Putin
Page 1 of 1