People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Happy birthday, Finland!

Go down 
+3
Kiskun
NowhereMan
Helena
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Happy birthday, Finland! Empty
PostSubject: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Finland has a 90th Independence Day today, on the 6th of December.

I'd like impart my congrulations.
Happy birthday, independent Finland! May we, Estonian and Finnish, always have warm relationships. We have helped each other in the past, let's keep it that way in the future as well! Palju õnne Smile
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 pm

Happy birthday, my finno-ugric friends rendeer flower
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Happy birthday MY Finno-Ugric friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 pm

It is nice to know that there far far away on north east direction exist country like Finland. Long live Finland ! Smile
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2007 8:09 pm

Oh, I'm kinda late 'ere, but still, happy birthday. Razz
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 5:56 am

Helena wrote:

Happy birthday, independent Finland! May we, Estonian and Finnish, always have warm relationships. We have helped each other in the past, let's keep it that way in the future as well! Palju õnne Smile
Yea my late congratulations. still only 90 years. My grandfather is actually older than Finland, so he's born in Helsinki of Russia and then granted for Finnish citizenship Smile
After all i'm glad that the booze price gap between Est und Fin didn't ruin the relationships completely:) Btw the Schengen treaty was ratified a few days ago, which helps my life much. The passport bureaucracy between Est-Fin border was just ridiculous. Would be worth for a new thread maybe
Back to top Go down
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: thx   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 1:50 am

Helena wrote:

tänan!

thank you everyone (on behalf of all 5.3 million ppl! Smile )

Helena, lets keep it that way.. Estonia is part of Nato, and we are now part of couple of EU troops with other european countries. And we always will have this special connection (by blood) since we are afterall from the same tribes originally... And there is not so much differencies between any european people: we are the same everywhere Smile

but.... when is your country's birthday (or national day), everyone?
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 8:18 pm

telkola wrote:
Helena wrote:

tänan!

thank you everyone (on behalf of all 5.3 million ppl! Smile )

Helena, lets keep it that way.. Estonia is part of Nato, and we are now part of couple of EU troops with other european countries. And we always will have this special connection (by blood) since we are afterall from the same tribes originally... And there is not so much differencies between any european people: we are the same everywhere Smile

1st January, 1000 AD (yes, the coronation and with this the foundation of the state was dated like that with will by our first king to prove that the world won't end in the new year-thousand like they had thought in those times)
But which is more important: 20th August - the nameday of our first king, Saint Stephen, "Stephen Day"
Maybe I should have written the dates with Indo-European dating order?
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 8:22 pm

And I must note it's a pity we don't have such a big cultural reseblance with neither the Finno-Ugrian nor the Turkish folks we are told to be related with. Estonia and Finland rocks together tongue
I have just read that the NUTS-4 Harju maakond and Helsinki are now an integrated international region. Man, we have more EU-member countries bordering us, but we still have only one region like that so far. You are cool.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:29 am

Well, thanks a lot, Kiskun Smile
I personally think there are still quite a lot of differences between Finland and Estonia, even between Tallinn and Helsinki. But yes, we luckily have that brother nation.
Estonian Independence Day is on the 24th of February - this year it's also our 90th birthday.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Helena wrote:
Well, thanks a lot, Kiskun Smile
I personally think there are still quite a lot of differences between Finland and Estonia, even between Tallinn and Helsinki. But yes, we luckily have that brother nation.
Estonian Independence Day is on the 24th of February - this year it's also our 90th birthday.
We'll keep it in mind. pirat
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Quote :

I'm unaware which in which month the Polish kingdom has proclaimed it's existence, I can only tell you that officialy it was created in 966 year, after Jesus' death, while Poland's acceptance of Christianity, but Poland could have existed even earlier, so I hear, and I begin believe so too the state could exist without Vatican's acknowledgement, since we have many Polish ''legendary kings'' which existence wasn't yet confirmed, like king Popiel or Kolodziej. So our date is officialy 966 probably just because Vatican officialy have recongnized our country and accepted it, since we've accepted the new religion and forsaken paganisim. king

Yet i think we Poles rather celebrate our independence day, rather then creation, it's 11th of november 1918. We have many other ''national days'' too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Finland!   Happy birthday, Finland! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy birthday, Finland!
Page 1 of 1