People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Iraq

Go down 
+14
arisch
terker
Voodoo
bobhatersfriend
patrickg
Risto
Helena
Vabapaase
LPF
Krissukristel
Hypno
DerDieDas
Gert.B
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Iraq   Iraq EmptySun May 13, 2007 1:54 am

They should leave that iraq alone allready.
Back to top Go down
https://people.forumotion.com
Gert.B

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Gert.B   Iraq EmptyMon May 14, 2007 12:05 am

Hi to all!

I'm a new member and first of all i want to congratulate for this page. I'm totally against the intervention politics of war, but, despite this. In this moment, Iraq can not be leaved alone cause the inner-political stituation after the USA army intervention had create a push into the wrong lane of democratic, or USA-Europian democratic system. The tension and all the delusion of the American strategy have created the adapt backgruond to built an Islamic foundamentalist nation. Actually we should help the common people but not under USA army and them allies, my Albania included (shame on us), but from an international force and peace keeping taks directed by the UN. In this moment USA, is doing what they always did about their interest, reaching their goal and not taking care about the Iraqi citizens life. USA should get outside Iraqi, but we should stay there to support the real intelighenzia of that country.
Back to top Go down
yep
Anonymous

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyMon May 14, 2007 3:17 pm

full back up of Iraq these days it's nuts idea! no way turn back, that will be wrong decision. I remind you all Mahmoud Ahmadinejan's nuclear ambitions which is a dangerous gamble. It costs safety all Middle East also Israel and European Union and it may force America to flex its military muscle to prove him wrong. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DerDieDas

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyMon May 14, 2007 7:33 pm

In my opinion it would be a wrong idea to leave Iraq in times like this. Western countries should help Iraq to build up their democracy. They should also help them to train new loyal soldiers and police officers. US-army is a important part of this process. They are the muscles which protect the new government.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyTue May 15, 2007 1:47 am

USA army is behaving there badly, first they went for chemical weapons, then for Saddam. People see them there as occupants and fight against it. Maybe real reason why they still are there is oil?
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyTue May 15, 2007 5:44 pm

They ARE there for the oil -.-

And IMO, an army presence is necessary, but it doens't have to be USA. But I don't think anyone is up for the task and USA would be ok with it (they'd loose the oil). So it's kind of a complicated situation...
Back to top Go down
US Soldi
Anonymous

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Bull   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 1:45 am

Bullshit. I have been there twice and you are going to tell me how those in the country feel? You do not have a clue of what you are talking about. You have some of your own countrymen serving as well. I guess they are also bad guys?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 2:15 am

Explain us then, what you think.

I’m not accusing soldiers, i think they are victims of politicians as well are locals.

How you got in Estonian portal US Soldi Smile
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 11:26 am

Btw Admin, I suggest you to restrict posting to- registered only Smile Maybe more people would stay then. And the posting wouldn't be THAT anonymous then.
Back to top Go down
Krissukristel

Krissukristel

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 11:49 am

Well, I live in USA right now, so I know pretty well what is going on over here.
First of all, ppl are pissed at Bush. I dont know how he got elected for the 2nd time. Ppl probabally thought he should clean after his own mess.

they want the troops out.
but i think right now, when iraq is trashed and crashed, it would be a bad idea. they should help to build it up, make it strong. and then there is a slight possibility iraqis won't hate americans afterwords.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 1:07 pm

I believe thery are not doing very well it.
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Admin wrote:
I believe thery are not doing very well it.
Yup, for two seperate reasons

1) They are buisy with keeping themselves alive, as some groups there think that it would be good for them to leave Iraq the next day.
2) They are too buisy digging oil -.-
Back to top Go down
LPF

Number of posts : 76

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Admin wrote:
I like freedom of speech.

USA brought the freedom of speech and other ideals of the free world to iraq ... why don't you like that democracy was brought to them silent democrats as you are...
Back to top Go down
LPF

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 7:59 pm

Admin wrote:
I like freedom of speech.

USA brought the freedom of speech and other ideals of the free world to iraq ... why don't you like that democracy was brought to them silent democrats as you are...
Back to top Go down
Krissukristel

Krissukristel

Number of posts : 70

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I think the problem is they can't seem to handle democracy.
Back to top Go down
Vabapaase

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyThu May 17, 2007 9:39 pm

DerDieDas wrote:
In my opinion it would be a wrong idea to leave Iraq in times like this. Western countries should help Iraq to build up their democracy. They should also help them to train new loyal soldiers and police officers. US-army is a important part of this process. They are the muscles which protect the new government.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:17 pm

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

That's a blog of a girl who lives in Iraq, in Baghdad. In the older posts she says that when the soldiers hadn't come yet they were one of the most liberal Arabic countries. Women could go to work, go out by theirselves, wear hijab or burka if they wanted to. Nobody forced them to marry if they didn't want to. Nobody cared if their neighbour was a Sunnite or Shiite. There were many families where Sunnites and Shiites were mixed. Everyone could get on well with each other.
Back to top Go down
LPF

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Helena wrote:

That's a blog of a girl who lives in Iraq, in Baghdad. In the older posts she says that when the soldiers hadn't come yet they were one of the most liberal Arabic countries. Women could go to work, go out by theirselves, wear hijab or burka if they wanted to. Nobody forced them to marry if they didn't want to. Nobody cared if their neighbour was a Sunnite or Shiite. There were many families where Sunnites and Shiites were mixed. Everyone could get on well with each other.

USA troops came and soon the women couldn't go to work, go out by theirselves, waer hijab or burka if they wanted to? and suddenly they were forced to marry even if they didn't want to? they started to care if their neighbour was a sunnite or shiit No holly shiiiiaaa confused pale
and i thought usa brought democracy Sad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:37 pm

LPF wrote:
Helena wrote:

USA troops came and soon the women couldn't go to work, go out by theirselves, waer hijab or burka if they wanted to? and suddenly they were forced to marry even if they didn't want to? they started to care if their neighbour was a sunnite or shiit No holly shiiiiaaa confused pale
and i thought usa brought democracy Sad Evil or Very Mad

Before the war women actually had about the same rights as men. Nobody paid attention to the radical groups, the groups had a lack of members. But now joining a group and propagating radical islam is the only way to stand against Americans. Therefore it's dangerous for a woman to attend work or go out without hijab, because she might get attacked. Women who worked on high places in the time of peace have by now risigned or been killed.
Back to top Go down
LPF

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptySat May 19, 2007 5:31 pm

why are the people joining the radical groups and propagating radical islam? it doesn't make their lives better, it makes the lives far worse.
i think the only reason why the people are against americans is religion, not oil or americans way of life or ...
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptySat May 19, 2007 9:40 pm

They don't like to be occupated.
Back to top Go down
LPF

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptySun May 20, 2007 6:18 pm

whats the diffrence between occupation and liberation Sad ???
Back to top Go down
Risto

Risto

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptySun May 20, 2007 10:03 pm

LPF wrote:
whats the diffrence between occupation and liberation Sad ???

Depends which side you are on.

Everyone wants to believe things which are best for him/her.
Back to top Go down
patrickg

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Kurdistan   Iraq EmptyWed May 23, 2007 6:03 am

Hello all.
I'm an American citizen (by birth) and I don't quite agree with this Iraq war. I do believe that my country should try its hardest to maintain the most powerful military in the world, and I do believe that if we are directly attacked (Iraq didn't do that, which is why I disagree with the war), the consequences should be extremely severe. But, now that we are in Iraq, I'd like to think that something positive has emerged from the experience, which is why I often think about Kurdistan:P. Here is an example of an oppressed people who, for the most part, have been liberated (US presence in the Kurdish area is, last I checked, a small fraction of that in certain other areas). They no longer have to fear systematic genocide, and have been living in relative peace. Again, I'm not trying to justify the war- I think our involvement was wrong- but something good did come out of this.
PS I don't believe in the ends justifying the means; again this is why I say that I have not in any way attempted to justify the invasion. I'm just looking for reasons why the deaths of so many young Americans were not without reason.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq EmptyWed May 23, 2007 7:09 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iraq   Iraq Empty

Back to top Go down

Iraq
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: Political :: USA-
Jump to: