People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Don't tell British about the EU treaty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Don't tell British about the EU treaty Empty
PostSubject: Don't tell British about the EU treaty   Don't tell British about the EU treaty EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:41 pm

Quote :
Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg's premier and leader of the bloc of 13 single currency members, spoke out as the Prime Minister faced rising calls for a referendum on the treaty drawn up following the rejection of the old EU constitution by French and Dutch voters in 2005.

Mr Juncker said he supported public debate on the treaty - except in Britain.

"I am astonished at those who are afraid of the people: one can always explain that what is in the interest of Europe is in the interests of our countries," he told Belgian newspaper Le Soir.

"Britain is different. Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/03/weu103.xml

Typical EU-made democracy! Razz Any comments?
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell British about the EU treaty   Don't tell British about the EU treaty EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

sometimes i think EU is rather for politics then people. Suspect
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell British about the EU treaty   Don't tell British about the EU treaty EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 pm

'Nuff said. pig
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell British about the EU treaty   Don't tell British about the EU treaty EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Jean-Claude Juncker wrote:
"Britain is different. Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?"[/i]

May I answer to this rhetoric question.

Yes Mr Juncker, your silly interview drew the attention of British public opinion pretty well. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell British about the EU treaty   Don't tell British about the EU treaty Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't tell British about the EU treaty
Page 1 of 1