People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Teeme Ära 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Teeme Ära 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Teeme Ära 2008   Teeme Ära 2008 EmptySat May 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Teeme Ära 2008 - Let's Do It 2008

Today there was quite a special day in Estonia - about 40 000 volunteers went to the forests to clean away all illegal rubbish dumps (about 10 000 tons of waste). This is probably the biggest volunteer event that has taken place in Estonia.

The volunteers had collected information about illegal rubbish dumps for several months already. All the ones who wanted to take part of this event had to registrate their groups of 3-15 people by the end of the last week. They could also choose the area of cleaning.

I also took part of Teeme Ära. I went with 12 friends near Saku (a small town near Tallinna) to clean up mess. There was an old Tammemäe sand career which banks were covered in mess, probably all the owners of the local summer cottages had brought their mess there.
We cleaned up a rubbish hill (about 4x4 meters) and were already quite tired. There was all kind of most disgusting garbage - one of my favourites were used baby diapers. I don't understand why do families, who don't have enough money to get rid of their waste legally, have babies at all. Why do we literally have to clean up their shit?
One of the boys in our group also stepped on a nail.
Generally the event was well done and organised, people could do something good and the nature is going to be cleaner than it has been for decades. I also believe in my nation again. Honestly, there were so many people cleaning in Saku that the row of parking cars was couple of hundred meters long. Naiskodukaitse (Women's Home Defence - a part of the Defence League (Kaitseliit) which is an Estonian volunteer military organisation) offered all the cleaners soup.

More information: www.teeme2008.ee
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Teeme Ära 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teeme Ära 2008   Teeme Ära 2008 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:02 pm

Well done, Helena! Way to go Smile flower
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Teeme Ära 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teeme Ära 2008   Teeme Ära 2008 EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Helena wrote:
Teeme Ära 2008 - Let's Do It 2008

Today there was quite a special day in Estonia - about 40 000 volunteers went to the forests to clean away all illegal rubbish dumps (about 10 000 tons of waste). This is probably the biggest volunteer event that has taken place in Estonia.

The volunteers had collected information about illegal rubbish dumps for several months already. All the ones who wanted to take part of this event had to registrate their groups of 3-15 people by the end of the last week. They could also choose the area of cleaning.

I also took part of Teeme Ära. I went with 12 friends near Saku (a small town near Tallinna) to clean up mess. There was an old Tammemäe sand career which banks were covered in mess, probably all the owners of the local summer cottages had brought their mess there.
We cleaned up a rubbish hill (about 4x4 meters) and were already quite tired. There was all kind of most disgusting garbage - one of my favourites were used baby diapers. I don't understand why do families, who don't have enough money to get rid of their waste legally, have babies at all. Why do we literally have to clean up their shit?
One of the boys in our group also stepped on a nail.
Generally the event was well done and organised, people could do something good and the nature is going to be cleaner than it has been for decades. I also believe in my nation again. Honestly, there were so many people cleaning in Saku that the row of parking cars was couple of hundred meters long. Naiskodukaitse (Women's Home Defence - a part of the Defence League (Kaitseliit) which is an Estonian volunteer military organisation) offered all the cleaners soup.

More information: www.teeme2008.ee

I wish I could believe in my nation. Actually I am so surprised that it is normal in nearly every other country in the word. It is considered to be radical nationalism over here, and people also label you as anti-semitist in addition just for fun.

Teeme Ära 2008! - Unimaginable here...40000 people in Estonia? 3% of the total population...in that case now you really cleaned up Estonia. You are really more similar to a Scandinavian society already than to a post-communist one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teeme Ära 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teeme Ära 2008   Teeme Ära 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teeme Ära 2008
Page 1 of 1