People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant Empty
PostSubject: Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant   Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 11:01 pm

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/business/news/article_1319580.php/Lithuanian_parliament_backs_controversial_law_on_nuclear_plant

Quote :
When initially planned in February 2006, the nuclear plant was conceived as a project in which the three Baltic states would each hold a one-third share.

However, in July 2006 Lithuania unilaterally invited Poland to join the project, leaving Latvia and Estonia facing a considerably reduced stake in the venture.

And the law approved on Tuesday goes one step further, stating that Lithuania, as the host country, should hold a 34-per-cent stake in the project, with voting rights to match.

That proposal has not met with enthusiasm in Latvia and Estonia, where some commentators have interpreted it as a breach of the Baltic solidarity which the plant was meant to embody.

So what is the position of Latvia and Estonia today? I believe Lithuanians invited us to lower share of money that they need to provide. For Poland this is important to be part of this project because we plan to build some nuclear plants at home. To this day we have zero of them, one was even started but after Chernobyl catastrophe they halted building process in early phase. So we need practice and experience.
Back to top Go down
whatever

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant   Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Never heard that there were any complaints from Estonia or Latvia. I will say welcome to Poland in this project
(I hope it won't happen what I heard that Gazprom wants to be part of that plant)
Back to top Go down
PdM

PdM

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant   Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Quote :
(I hope it won't happen what I heard that Gazprom wants to be part of that plant)
If that's true, than it is not worth to build the a-plant. We are controlled by Russian Gazprom even without this...
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant   Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 pm

If Lithuanian don't invite them and this is highly unlikely then I don't know how they could enter to this project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant   Lithuanian parliament backs  law on nuclear plant Empty

Back to top Go down

Lithuanian parliament backs law on nuclear plant
Page 1 of 1