People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!

Go down 
+5
Kiskun
svybski
bobhatersfriend
NowhereMan
Rzeczpospolita
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! Empty
PostSubject: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 12:13 am

I have very bad opinion about film industry these days in Poland. Communist era productions were far better in my opinion. Some comedies myself and many others could watch every time when we see them in TV.
Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! 6900880.2
How I started World War II / Jak rozpetalem II Wojne Swiatowa (trilogy), comedy about Polish soldier adventures in Poland, Austria, Germany, North Africa (dealing with French, Italians and British) and Yugoslavia. Filmmakers poking fun from all nations involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90w9_GoTQj4&mode=related&search=
One of the best scenes, Germans caught him and ask questions about his name, surname and the place where he lives. They cannot spell his fake Polish surname. Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz from Chrzaszczyrzewoszyce, Lekolowy Very Happy

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! 1056800

The Deserters / CK Dezerterzy
Another great comedy about group of soldiers in Austro-Hungarian army, among them Poles, Czechs, Hungarians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsTvrSvqmBk
Here hated German commandant interviewed in psychiatric hospital. They show him a chicken and ask what is this few times? Finally he could not resist and said that this is a donkey! A big mistake Laughing

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! 89c9_1
Teddy Bear / Mis Again a comedy about absurds of communist Poland.

http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=-6438404196555869734&q=mi%C5%9B+film&total=585&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9
A scene with drunkard who bought in kiosk a birch water and drink it! Very Happy

Later I will try to write about my favorite Eastern European movies.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 2:29 am

I love Roman Polanski's movies! He is the best!
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 10:14 pm

NowhereMan wrote:

I liked "Pianist" myself. However his films cannot be classified as a Polish ones. Anyway I neither like him or even respect because of different reasons.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 9:40 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: I liked Pianist also :)   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 10:53 am

bobhatersfriend wrote:

my mom actually likes a lot of his films, and her favorite is "Pianist" also =]

she tried making me watch it once but i was stupid and decided not to -_-

and now i remember a lot of polish last names end with ski...

I liked Pianist also Smile
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 4:09 pm

telkola wrote:
bobhatersfriend wrote:

my mom actually likes a lot of his films, and her favorite is "Pianist" also =]

she tried making me watch it once but i was stupid and decided not to -_-

I liked Pianist also Smile

That Hungarian actor looked really jewish indeed.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 9:24 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:

so this guy is like Polish? i thought he was french or something, i'm so stupid!!!

This crazy world is not so simple Smile Polanski is a Polish Jew and this is not his original surname. He changed to this one probably during communist era anti-Jewish campaign.

Quote :
A lot of Russians with Polish roots have last names end with -sky. That is how transliteration from Cyrillic alphabet to English language looks like but spelling is exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 pm

I would like to recommend to those who never watched his movies, Serbian filmmaker Emir Kusturica. His movies have specific climate, very different from usual Hollywood kind of productions. What is important this original style is very funny, absolutely crazy and completely unpredictable. His best films are about Gypsies with authentic Gypsy amateur actors. They can hardly even communicate with him but effect is fantastic. Kusturica's the most popular movies are:

The Times of the Gypsies
Underground
Black Cat, White Cat

The last one is my favorite, great comedy. Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! Okladka-200

typical hero lol!
Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! P-01
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm

-
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 12:11 pm

There are few films made by Estonians in last years but my favorite is "Nimed marmortahvlil" ("Names on Marble"), it's about the Freedom War which took place about 1918.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:04 pm

Oh I think I'd like it. I usually like films showing this period.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 9:32 pm

I watched quite recently to Russian recent productions. I really liked "9-th company" about Soviet-Afghan war. Second film "Turkish Gambit" was very childish, theme very interesting, Turkish-Russian war but this style...
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 7:22 am

I watched it also (9 company), nice movie about not nice theme although.
In American films about Vietnam there are some Black, in Russian ones Mongols. Im not a rasist but is funny association for me.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Helena wrote:
There are few films made by Estonians in last years but my favorite is "Nimed marmortahvlil" ("Names on Marble"), it's about the Freedom War which took place about 1918.

"Márványba vésett nevek" in Hungarian. It was broadcast in TV twice, dubbed, we watched both times with my family. It is very good.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Info for my Polish friends, you can watch this Estonian movie on Sunday/Monday night at 02:30 on TVP2.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 11:05 am

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
Info for my Polish friends, you can watch this Estonian movie on Sunday/Monday night at 02:30 on TVP2.

Now you mention it: Is there any watchable TV-program on "TVN"? I can watch it at home. Sometimes I really do and also succeed to learn a word or two.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 2:51 pm

I rarely watch TV to be honest. TVN is the biggest private TV channel in Poland and like the rest represents very low level of intellectual quality . They are well know from attacking our current government. It might be explained by the fact that owners and many other important people in TVN are former communists turned to Euro-left now. According to recently published report from liquidation of WSI (military intelligence), TVN was established with help of this intelligence.

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Kiskun wrote:

Now you mention it: Is there any watchable TV-program on "TVN"? I can watch it at home. Sometimes I really do and also succeed to learn a word or two.

Today 21.30 will be new program - You can dance. I doubt i be watching it becouse after "Dancing with stars" serie it won't be to much attractive I think but who knows Smile

If you want to see sth interesting i recomend this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPY-G9TCWY
first polish RPG which can be famous
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Thanks for both of you.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:

I liked "Pianist" myself. However his films cannot be classified as a Polish ones. Anyway I neither like him or even respect because of different reasons.

Just re-watched The Pianist. Great movie... Btw, how can you classify movies by nationality? I believe that real art has no boundaries and nationalities. Great art is always international. Polanski is a genius. And the fact you don't like him on some reasons doesn't characterizes him as a "bad guy".... but it can tell something about yourself... perhaps, you don't like jews? Wink
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 8:36 pm

The Return. A film by Andrei Zvyagintsev.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376968/
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:23 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Btw, how can you classify movies by nationality?

Most of his well known films except "The Pianist" have nothing to do with Polish cinema. This is foreign production and every short description states so. How could I not link Hollywood film with the US or Bollywood with India?

Quote :
I believe that real art has no boundaries and nationalities.
Great art is always international.

Such art is admired by many. However could you deny that Van Gogh paintings don't belong to Dutch history?

Quote :
Polanski is a genius.

No, he is just good filmmaker, I don't deny this after all.
Quote :

And the fact you don't like him on some reasons doesn't characterizes him as a "bad guy".... but it can tell something about yourself... perhaps, you don't like jews? Wink

According to former Israeli PM "all Poles suck antisemitism with mother's milk" so do I have any choice anyway? Wink

Seriously the reason is more simple...
http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article4541.html
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:34 am

Have no time to comment others, but this

Quote :
http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article4541.html

The article is disgusting and the jerk who wrote this is an idiot, a pharisaically acting dickhead, a real american "intellectuall".

P.S. His latest film Oliver Twist is great too. Way to go Roman!

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 am

It does not matter how article is written (there are plenty of others in the internet), the event that happened is important. With all due respect what you wrote is nonsense. First of all we should treat separately his film producer skills and the way how he used to behave. Whether he is an artist or not this doesn't really matter. You wrote that this is disgusting article and this what Polanski did was not disgusting? What would you say if this would happened to your child?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: Not political :: Freedom of speech-
Jump to: