People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!

Go down 
+5
Kiskun
svybski
bobhatersfriend
NowhereMan
Rzeczpospolita
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:34 pm

-

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 5:05 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 am

In Poland after sex with girl under 16 he would met prosecutor and be accused for pedofilia.
I don't like what he did but it is only black spot in his career, so i may forgive him specialy if this girl did.
But he shouldnt speak up about morality (it would sounds funny) at least he broken law and escaped otherwise than for example Socrates.
But who knows maybe he could got 10 yers for this.
BTW They say he is no more director of "Pompeii" film.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:49 am

Quote :
But who knows maybe he could got 10 yers for this.

The judge promised him 50 years.

Quote :

- Samantha, do you think 45 days in prison sufficient punishment for his crime?
-No. But 50 yrs is too much too. When Polanski left for Europe I was glad for him. I think he punished himself already.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 10:39 am

NowhereMan wrote:

The judge promised him 50 years.

WTF?? So i would the same in his place. USA has one of stuppidiest laws on this planet. But they have death penalty which sholud be allowed in UE i think.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 11:09 am

NowhereMan wrote:

When Polanski left for Europe I was glad for him. I think he punished himself already.

I agree he left USA, country where hollywood is, also he cannot travel there. He even did not recived oscar statue to his hands directly.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

This is why I did not wanted to to write why I don't like him in the beginning. Cool Thread went totally off-topic!

NowhereMan wrote:

She was 13.
She said they had sex.
This is the point! No

Quote :
She wasn’t a virgin by that time.

Doesn't matter for this case.

Quote :
She didn’t resist.
He didn’t beat or hurt her.

If he would, punishment should be more severe.

Quote :
She wasn’t happy about it but it wasn’t something really awful for her; she was upset and that’s all…
What really hurt her was the attention of the press, all those examination, questionings and stuff…

What she feel doesn't matter, the law is clear and must be respected. Crime and punishment , do I need explain this to a Russian? Wink Also problems with press are consequences of Polanski actions, so he is responsible for this as well.

Quote :
What Roman did was a shameful, incredibly stupid and irresponsible act; he didn’t think about the girl’s future life and that’s really bad… but I don’t see anything disgusting in this particular case.

For me this is sick and disgusting in first place.

Quote :

To me it’s more disgusting when teenagers fuck like rabbits in the back seat of a car, totally wasted without contraception and stuff…
(Btw, I also recommend “Kids”. 1995)

Actually this is plain stupid and tasteless but I would not use word "disgusting". There is no this horrible age difference.

Quote :
If the situation was absolutely the same, I would never involve the police and never let the child feel like a victim. Such case is for psychologists and loving parents only, not for public and authorities.

Psychologist and loving parents this is one thing but the case must be finished. Otherwise you give a criminal the chance to continue to act in this way and perhaps he will become brutal with time, you cannot know what is in his head.

Quote :

WTF?? So i would the same in his place. USA has one of stuppidiest laws on this planet. But they have death penalty which sholud be allowed in UE i think.

They add penalties for different crimes, he escaped so perhaps this also counts and maybe something more as well. Anyway 50 years is just 25 if he would behave well in this prison. You must respect laws of the country when you decided to settle.

Quote :

I agree he left USA, country where hollywood is, also he cannot travel there. He even did not recived oscar statue to his hands directly.

You must be joking. These are no penalties, this is fate of wanted person in very light version anyway. Using this logic one could say that some Nazi criminals for example whom escaped to South America are already punished because they left their Aryan fatherland to the end of their days.
Laughing

Last edited by on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:23 pm

-

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 am

Well, Rzepa you know in Poland you can recive 15 years for killing someone becouse of jelous. So you start thinking were is justice, there 50 years for rape there here 15 for murder. When you blindly listen to the law you can finish like nazists and their anti-jews acts becouse you live in Germany at 1939. For me he should spend in prison 3-5 years i belive in light version or at least 15 (hard version). We don't really know what happend there, young girls are often provocative. Of cours it is not excuse for him or anyone alse for such behaviour. Laws in USA are strange, you must heard about them but like i said penalty death is good in some cases also i like what they do in Saudi Arabia i mean they cut off thiefs hands. It is very efficient. Maybe for rape they schoul cut of ears or sth Smile

Great Aries hiding in joungle it must had been punishment for them. But remeber Polanski is filmmaker and capitol of best selling films is hoolywood it definietly had influence on his career - in bad way of course. As i said Polanski can forget about being moral authority.

I like his film "Nóż w wodzie" - Knife in water, made in Poland long, long time ago.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm

Last Resort

Nice film) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258761/

You can download it here in english

ed2k://|file|Last%20resort%20(Pawel%20Pawlikowski,%20UK,%202000).avi|937293462|A6E18CBFABFA9859834B5401B7A39E9D|h=DPITXBZYQLF4RMHYPFOWE67ILO3DWLAK|/
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 12:18 pm

I saw few days ago Hungarian film "Kontroll" , unfortunaltely only part.
But what i saw was quite impressive- story, charakters, music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-z6MdTaOwI&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3slYi-7l20
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

towito wrote:
I saw few days ago Hungarian film "Kontroll" , unfortunaltely only part.
But what i saw was quite impressive- story, charakters, music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-z6MdTaOwI&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3slYi-7l20

Hehe, Since that film not too many people dares to stand at the subway station not having the wall right behind the back.
I saw that film not long ago but I still don't know if the murderer was the main-role or not.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:17 pm

Who has seen "Katyn"?
Back to top Go down
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:34 am

NowhereMan wrote:
Who has seen "Katyn"?

I try to keep that one in mind. sounds very familiar.. have to check that out form imdb...

you guys have to see Käki, kukusha... finnish and russian soldier both will live together for some months behind the front lines and they are guests of the lappish woman. very nice war story what gives faces to the enemy soldier.. the message i got from this 1 is that in war the "enemy" is not bad enemy but just normal human being just you and me.. if you are forced to fight for your country or defend yourself thats of course ok, but we have to understand that we should avoid warring.

I understand the pasifistics now better, if you have good moral grounds, you dont need to fight. but sometimes you just have to if some other country is trying to steal your freedom or destroy lifes of your people (or property, e.g. oil), like in Chechnya. Or am I just too naive?
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Has anyone seen "Riia kaitsjad"/"The Defenders of Riga"/"Rigas sargi" already? I thought about going to see it but they have already finished showing it in Tallinn.
Back to top Go down
svybski

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Helena wrote:
Has anyone seen "Riia kaitsjad"/"The Defenders of Riga"/"Rigas sargi" already? I thought about going to see it but they have already finished showing it in Tallinn.

Sounds good movie Smile thanks. I try to remember this, I hope that I watch it someday...
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:14 pm

There are also two good new Estonian movies by now, "Detsembrikuumus"/"December Heat" and "Mina olin siin"/"I Was Here".

"December Heat" is quite a patriotic film which tells us about the December Putch of communists in 1920. After this happening most of the Estonians stopped supporting communists because they saw that communists would just turn Estonia into a part of Russia again (we gained independence in the same year, actually Razz )

"I Was Here" is a film about young Estonian boy who has big dreams. In everyday life he unfortunately has to face up to the problems of money which lead him to the way of crimes and, in the end, to jail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!   Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please recommeend non-mainstream movies from your country!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
People Are Same Everywhere :: Not political :: Freedom of speech-
Jump to: