People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

About human rights in Estonia

Go down 
+14
vJ
3 Alarms
terker
lendoblikas
matrixx
Earthland
Admin
NowhereMan
Risto
Kiskun
Hypno
Krissukristel
Voodoo
LPF
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 2:25 pm

Hypno wrote:
Tasuja wrote:
Wow.. 40 years!! Laughing Is that history now study in estonian schools? Estonia was independent country for thousands of years, and only 40 years ago russians came here? Laughing Super! Please send my greetings to uncle Mart.
As others have already answered, he meant the time when Russians were brought in. They were brought, that's a fact. There was even a term for it- russification.

Tasuja wrote:
All KGB agents were sent out in the beginning of independence and I do not see any reason why not to give citizenship for all the rest population.
So they would have one reason less to learn Estonian? No thanks...

You said they should have a choice of choosing what languages to learn- well they do have. But they must realise that with every choice comes consequences. Less Russians speaking Estonian is really not going to help with the integration.

And your example of going to Rimi instead of Maxima was also kinda stupid. I have to run around the town to find an Estonian speaking store clerk? What about stores, that a town usually has only one (with really narrow selection of goods)? What about smaller towns or villages that usually have one or two stores of a type?

Without the language policy (not language police), all store owners could just hire ethnic Russians, who usually ask less money. That would leave me even without the choice of runnig around the city.

As vJ said, no one in Finland would hire anyone to serve customers, who won't speak Finnish. I'm pretty sure it's the same in England with English, in Spain with Spanish and in Russia with Russian.

And the school teachers should know Estonian becouse:
1) It should be an example to the students
2) The school system is moving towards education in Estonian in all subjects.

I agree, and no one really ever described the situation so well I guess. I mean I am not Estonian so I got to know even more. Estonia is also far too small in each dimensions to have a separated population.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 pm

http://www.postimees.ee/230607/esileht/siseuudised/268046.php

A suspect with a beer box talks about the horrors of the Bronze Night

In the Bronze Night he was walking along the rioters, carrying a half box of beer in hand. Next week he is going to give a talk in Bryssel in parliament of EU as a victim tortured by Estonian Police. This "victim" is Juri Zhuravlyov from the Nocturnal Guard (it's an organization in Estonia which consists of Russians guarding the bronze soldier).

Zhuravlyov (34), calling the head of Russia Vladimir Putin "Our President", will travel to Bryssel as he is invited there by Tatyaja Zhdanoka, the member of EU parliament chosen from Latvia.

Zhdanoka who came to Estonia in the end of April in order to support the actions of the Nocturnal Guard and is called "the announcer of Kremlin-supportive organizations of Baltic states" is next week going to organize an action "Torture is reality in nowadays European Union" in the capital of EU.

Accusing the Police

An activist of the Nocturnal Guard and a member of Constitution Party (one of Russian parties in Estonia) who also applied for Estonian parliament this spring, Zhuravlyov is represented in the press announcement of the action as an action's main talker from Estonia. A victim of the Bronze night who is talking about the torturement, cruelty and brutality that took place in Tallinn.

Yesterday Zhuravlyov announced to Postimees that he wants to rip off the cover from a lie that Estonian government has represented until now and he wanted to do it in fron of parliamenteers. "We have a lot of photos and videos about Police torturing and mistreating people in the rooms of Tallinn's harbour," he said. "We did a honest and straight overview about how Estonian government treated innocent people."

When he was asked if the pictures about destroying, shop-robbing and plundering protectors of the bronze soldier are also going to be available, Zhuravlyov said after a little pause of thinking that it will be so. "We are not going to hide anything, we are going to prove that the riot was started by the violence of Estonian police, not oppositedly as the Estonian government is telling," he explaned.

But when he was asked if the picture about himself walking along the damaged street Pärnu maantee with a half box of beer in a hand would also be represented, the man couldn't answer.

"I haven't seen the picture," he assumed, even though the photographical accusal have been put up on the homepage of Estonian Police for weeks and many people have put it up to their own sites as the most expressive flashback of the happenings of the Bronze Night. Leelet Kivioja, the prosecutor of the North district has also assumed to Postimees that the man equipped with beer box is indeed Zhuravlyov, fighter of the Bronze soldier.

Kivioja explained that the hero on the picture could be identified just thanks to the site of Estonian Police and the activist of the Nocturnal Guard has now been invited as a suspect to prosecutor for interrogation.

Denies causing damage

After a hint about the photo which doesn't give an impression of him as a victim, Zhuravlyov's memory started to recover.

"Indeed, now I start to remember. I remember people carrying things out of the shops and then I suddenly saw that half box of beer lieing on the ground," Zhuravlyov explained. "I think some people just asked me to bring the box to them and so I did. That's it."

The activist assumes that he himself didn't go to any shops to steal anything. He didn't go there because of interest, either. "The box just stood in the middle of the street and I really couldn't consider it to be stolen from anywhere," said Zhuravlyov who considers himself quite an abstemious man.

Last edited by on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vJ

vJ

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Helena wrote:
http://www.postimees.ee/230607/esileht/siseuudised/268046.php

A suspect with a beer box talks about the horrors of the Bronze Night

In the Bronze Night he was walking along the rioters, carrying a half box of beer in hand. Next week he is going to give a talk in Bryssel in parliament of EU as a victim tortured by Estonian Police. This "victim" is Juri Zhuravlyov from the Nocturnal Guard (it's an organization in Estonia which consists of Russians guarding the bronze soldier).

Zhuravlyov (34), calling the head of Russia Vladimir Putin "Our President", will travel to Bryssel as he is invited there by Tatyaja Zhdanoka, the member of EU parliament chosen from Latvia.

Zhdanoka who came to Estonia in the end of April in order to support the actions of the Nocturnal Guard and is called "the announcer of Kremlin-supportive organizations of Baltic states" is next week going to organize an action "Torture is reality in nowadays European Union" in the capital of EU.

Accusing the Police

An activist of the Nocturnal Guard and a member of Constitution Party (one of Russian parties in Estonia) who also applied for Estonian parliament this spring, Zhuravlyov is represented in the press announcement of the action as an action's main talker from Estonia. A victim of the Bronze night who is talking about the torturement, cruelty and brutality that took place in Tallinn.

Yesterday Zhuravlyov announced to Postimees that he wants to rip off the cover from a lie that Estonian government has represented until now and he wanted to do it in fron of parliamenteers. "We have a lot of photos and videos about Police torturing and mistreating people in the rooms of Tallinn's harbour," he said. "We did a honest and straight overview about how Estonian government treated innocent people."

When he was asked if the pictures about destroying, shop-robbing and plundering protectors of the bronze soldier are also going to be available, Zhuravlyov said after a little pause of thinking that it will be so. "We are not going to hide anything, we are going to prove that the riot was started by the violence of Estonian police, not oppositedly as the Estonian government is telling," he explaned.

To be continued.

lol what a joke, first they started a riot and then they cry how police had to stop it with force... :'(
and another joke is that he accuses us for torturing russians lol, but he seems not remember how russian soldiers torture chechnyas for example..

"I DID NOTHING, ONLY ROBBED A KIOSK AND DRANK BEER AND INSULTED ESTONIANS FASCISTS AND NOW I FEEL LIKE TORTURED AFTER POLICE HAD TO CALM ME DOWN!!"

just sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 am

I finished the translation.
Back to top Go down
vJ

vJ

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 2:24 pm

Helena wrote:

makes the russian look even more pathetic Very Happy

"the beer box was only lying on ground, couldn't have been stolen.." lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 2:57 pm

vJ wrote:
Helena wrote:

"the beer box was only lying on ground, couldn't have been stolen.." lol Very Happy

Welcome back, vj!

He's only a finderkeeper who likes beer, man Very Happy and who would refuse a couple of free beers?.. lol!
Back to top Go down
vJ

vJ

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 8:03 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
vJ wrote:
Helena wrote:

Welcome back, vj!

He's only a finderkeeper who likes beer, man Very Happy and who would refuse a couple of free beers?.. lol!

tyty, I was on holiday at estonia Smile best time of the year innit, finland feels like crap now Sad
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 6:30 pm

vJ wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:
vJ wrote:
Helena wrote:

Welcome back, vj!

tyty, I was on holiday at estonia Smile best time of the year innit, finland feels like crap now Sad

Eesti, Eesti! rendeer
Back to top Go down
vJ

vJ

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Kiskun wrote:
vJ wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:
vJ wrote:
Helena wrote:

Welcome back, vj!

Eesti, Eesti! rendeer

ise oled põder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 1:45 pm

vJ wrote:
Kiskun wrote:
vJ wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:
vJ wrote:
Helena wrote:

Welcome back, vj!

Eesti, Eesti! rendeer

ise oled põder Very Happy

"You yourself are the põder, but what is põder?"
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 11:36 pm

"Põder" is elk.

Edit: moved a link that didn't work.

Last edited by on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 4:53 pm

The link doesn't work for me, I would need a password. But anyway, elk now I know, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About human rights in Estonia   About human rights in Estonia - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

About human rights in Estonia
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3