People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade

Go down 
+19
Kiskun
NowhereMan
malmal
Rzeczpospolita
Helena
«Trayus»
Oberst Schultz
patrickg
Krissukristel
bobhatersfriend
matrixx
Admin
whatever
terker
Hypno
Risto
Voodoo
LPF
Communist Gipsy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 4:58 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:14 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
well people aren't aloud to speak positive about it.. once i said in class something positive about Hitler and the teacher told me if i said anything like that again i would be in big trouble...if people wear something that has to do with Nazism in the street they would be in big trouble...my friend was in the park and he said "Hitler's awesome" and the lady walking her dog turned to him and asked "Excuse me?" with this really scary tone... all my friends were like freaked out lol
Yes ofcourse people aren't aloud to speak positive about it, but you're still free to express it. I think your teacher lied Smile I don't know really about US, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFCGPAzYA
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:33 pm

International Hate wrote:
Rzeczpospolita wrote:

Why do you think that everything must be very liberal? Most people here don’t like obscene parades and don’t wish any take place.
Well i don't think everything must be very liberal, but as far as i know ex-soviets has very liberal economics, so i thought other kinds of liberalism would be appreciated there too. Atleast i thought that civil liberties would have been taken care of. Maybe not then...

This is not true about liberal economy in most post-communist countries. Estonia is rare exception. I would oppose neo-Nazi rally as well, I don’t share this concept of freedom of speech by all means. It leads to anarchy.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:37 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:

This is not true about liberal economy in most post-communist countries. Estonia is rare exception.
That can be true. I have a little bit Estonian side of view, because i have not much to do with any else ex-Soviet than Estonia.

Quote :
I would oppose neo-Nazi rally as well, I don’t share this concept of freedom of speech by all means. It leads to anarchy.

I don't share "concept" of freedom of speech at all. I don't think freedom of speech has much concepts. Either there is freedom of speech, or there's not. Ok ofcourse there's different levels of freedom, but definately not concepts. Ok i think freedom of speech is an utopia, but an good utopia. It should be our destination
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 9:46 pm

Why Nazi demonstrations are banned in Poland? Maybe because 99.9% of Polish hate/dislike Nazis, because they killed milions of us before, and Nazism is against our ''race'' anyway?
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 pm

I don't share "concept" of freedom of speech at all. I don't think freedom of speech has much concepts. Either there is freedom of speech, or there's not. Ok ofcourse there's different levels of freedom, but definately not concepts. Ok i think freedom of speech is an utopia, but an good utopia. It should be our destination
Of course you are right, this is language monster as well as your levels Smile There is no real freedom of speech but some limits are necessary to coexist.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 2:22 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 8:57 pm

I actually can't drop the idea that those neonazies are not totally OK. Why should anyone bend to some dead dictator? I could understand if he was alive but he's already history. It has no point.
And it's also a little bit sick to hate a whole race or nation, to think that one race or nation (your own one) is the only one that's right, and all the other people have born with no purpose.
Back to top Go down
malmal

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 12:21 am

I personaly think that it is not a question of gay or not gay banning, it is a question that authorities can ban any protest or anyone who they do not like, so it seems very undemocratic to me. So it is a question about citizen rights. If they banne done protest action they can do the same to other protests, like demanding better education conditions or better health or social care. It just showed that authorities are still higher then citizens, even if they are elcted by them. Not much changed since colaps of USSR same menatality and way of thinking. Still need to be done a lot to become reall democratic country.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 2:05 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Perhaps if they would behave in public places like normal people do then nobody would bother? Half-naked, religion bashing idiots no matter of what orientation hardly can win sympathy of common people.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 3:22 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 3:56 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:33 am

I think it's understandable that they are mostly not Christians. After all, christianism tells that being a gay is a sin and abnormality.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

You're afraid of half-naked people? Why? I'm not, i have even seen a naked girl once (on television).

This is question of good taste, one needs to know where is the right place to look like you describe. One needs to be aware that for example according to Polish culture this is not the middle of the street. This is basic of social relations which allow us peacefully coexist. This have in fact little to do with sexual orientation.

By the way, when you will grow up then perhaps you will see one live.
Very Happy

Quote :

I haven't noticed that gays would be "religion bashing", but what then? Is criticizing religions illegal?

Recently we are molested with stories about various such parades around the world. Information channels might don’t mention even one single event which happens in Latvia for example, except of course homosexual parade. One cannot deny that absolutely nothing more important might ever happen over there. So whether I want or not I have displeasure to watch such reports and I often see homo-radicals with clothes of priests or nuns. Those who complain about lack of tolerance are often the most intolerant themselves. Everything can be criticized but we need to keep some standards of civilized polemics. The same was with these paintings of prophet Mohammed, aimed to offend caused only harm.

Helena wrote:

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:33 am
I think it's understandable that they are mostly not Christians. After all, christianism tells that being a gay is a sin and abnormality.

Not exactly, Christians consider homosexual act as a sin.

I hope that you people don’t confuse average homosexuals with those freaks from parades. It would be the same to confuse average people with communist party member. The first would rather not wish to be confused with the latter.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 6:15 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 6:58 pm

International Hate, you're the best!! lol!
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 6:59 pm

Quote :
A woman can be a priest nowdays, wich is definitely forbidden if the bible interpreted the strictest way.

Ofcourse a woman can be...but only in a protestant Church, in Catholic Church a woman indeed cannot be a priest.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 8:44 pm

«Trayus» wrote:
Quote :
A woman can be a priest nowdays, wich is definitely forbidden if the bible interpreted the strictest way.

Ofcourse a woman can be...but only in a protestant Church, in Catholic Church a woman indeed cannot be a priest.

Protestant churches are very divided, there are conservative branches and “progressive” as well. The latter is Christian by the name only. Even in godless Netherlands they have VERY conservative branch of Protestant church. Those people are represented by political party which wins about 3%(?) of votes regularly and always have some deputies in their parliament.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Ok. I'm not saying anything about Polish culture, since i don't really know it much. Just i can remember seeing some half-naked young ladies walking down the streets at summertime in Poland, that's fashion nowadays Smile

I live here and did not notice any special problems. Perhaps they know what half should be covered? Smile

Quote :

The bible tells many other thing is a sin too, but still many Christians do those every day. What 'christianity' tells and what not is not that simple case after all.

In Catholic church we have different grades of sins. This is obvious that nobody is innocent that is why you can confess your sins and if you really regret, it will be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

By the way, the problems about gay-parades reached Hungary too. Now there will be a 4 day long parade held and the oppositors have also started to get ready...
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:53 pm

-
Back to top Go down
Estonski

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Gj Lithuania, bad job the Estonian government for not banning gay parade!!!

I was born after the USSR breakup but one of the reasons i like USSR is that PEDERASTIA (Fagginess) was a criminal act. You got like 10 years in military-regime prison jail for that.

If im wrong correct me please.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 5:55 pm

This is the most popular topic..... I wonder why Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade   Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lithuania bans EU-sponsored gay rights parade
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next