People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Death penalty poll

Go down 
+4
bobhatersfriend
Rzeczpospolita
Hypno
towito
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

When death penalty is needed?
Never
Death penalty poll Vote_lcap27%Death penalty poll Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
For murderers
Death penalty poll Vote_lcap18%Death penalty poll Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
For multi murderers (who killed at least 2 people)
Death penalty poll Vote_lcap36%Death penalty poll Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Only for mass murderers (who killed or almost killed all nations)
Death penalty poll Vote_lcap18%Death penalty poll Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 3:25 pm

I just wonder what is your opinion in this case.
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 9:35 pm

I'd vote for "Only for severe crimes and with concrete evidence"
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 10:35 pm

For me even one victim is enough if murdered with premeditation. If somebody plan to kill somebody else then it is his choice, the same he/she could put head on railway and wait till train arrive. Death penalty this is not revenge, should not give satisfaction to anybody, this is just elementary justice.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 7:39 am

Hypno wrote:
I'd vote for "Only for severe crimes and with concrete evidence"

Well this poll is about effect of some crimes.
It can be terrorist atack, it may be murder or drugs trade.
I just was wonder how many people must die becouse of someone action, that we would be ready to say - lets kill this one who made it all.
Evidence is concret. That's why i called them murderers not suspected of murder(s).

I hope You will vote Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 2:37 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 am

Could you give a link to some statistic data that shows a lower crime rate in countries/states (for US) with death penalty comparing to those without capital punishment?
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Could you give a link to some statistic data that shows a lower crime rate in countries/states (for US) with death penalty comparing to those without capital punishment?

I must do some research
this link interesting

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Crime/tst082807a.cfm#_edn10

a quote from article:

"Using a panel data set of over 3,000 counties from 1977 to 1996, Professors Hashem Dezhbakhsh, Paul R. Rubin, and Joanna M. Shepherd of Emory University found that each execution, on average, results in 18 fewer murders"
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Here is also something
http://www.wesleylowe.com/cp.html#deter
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 10:25 am

NowhereMan wrote:

Probably yes but this doesn't really matter. Tell me one thing, do you think that death penalty for murder with premeditation is just or unjust punishment?
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:

Probably yes but this doesn't really matter.

It does matter - we're talking about human's life.

Quote :
Tell me one thing, do you think that death penalty for murder with premeditation is just or unjust punishment?

It is just, my friend, but there's just one tiny little thing - I do not trust the police at all!!

Here's a story for you. Once a lady walked through a park late at night, or maybe not late at night, or not even through the park for nobody can tell for sure... Anyway! She was brutally beaten and was found in a trench almost dead. She was taken to the hospital. The police were called. She was asked, "Who did this to you?" The only thing she could whisper was - "My son, my son..." So, guess what everybody thought? Right! it was her son who nearly killed his own mother! It was good for this son that he had a strong alibi, excellent references and good relations with lawyers (because this lady used to be a lawyer), so it avoided suspicion. However, the "bad guys" have never been found but since the lady managed to survive, which is a miracle actually, the police just closed the case. Now, what would happen if she'd died and her son couldn't prove that he hadn't been able to murder her?

That lady is (thanks God not "was"!) my mother, and I am the son.

God bless you all! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 9:24 pm

This would be not enough for police in normal country. They would check out where you have been at that time and make abduction searching for some evidence, also look for motive. Her words would not be treated as a decisive proof because at that time she was shocked out of touch with other people.

Death penalty is good method for countries where citizens have basic trust to professional police and independent courts.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
This would be not enough for police in normal country. They would check out where you have been at that time and make abduction searching for some evidence, also look for motive. Her words would not be treated as a decisive proof because at that time she was shocked out of touch with other people.

Death penalty is good method for countries where citizens have basic trust to professional police and independent courts.

Well, our relations were not good at that time and I sort of had a motive).. And I had to go to another city on the next day and some people even thought I tried to escape... ) Of course it wasn't enough, and I don't mean to say that this country isn't "normal") but that was a sticky situation and, "with a lttle bit of luck", I could have become the main suspect with all consequences... I mean, if there were people who saw us swearing and shouting at each other... Add a few more "if-s" and i'm a killer) Life is like a cheap B-movie sometimes...

No, I'm still against capital punishment. You won't convince me this time Smile
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 10:10 pm

This is not my intention to convince anybody, I just question your arguments. When you say about many such "ifs" then as I wrote before the possibility is million times lesser than that you will perish tomorrow in road accident. But pretty equal with the possibility that you will be killed by piano failing on your head Smile Should we ban pianos? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 1:17 am

Are you saying that America is not a normal country?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBcES0CFIc, a story of Troy Davis.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:25 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 11:26 am

NowhereMan wrote:

Here's a story for you. Once a lady walked through a park late at night, or maybe not late at night, or not even through the park for nobody can tell for sure... Anyway! She was brutally beaten and was found in a trench almost dead. She was taken to the hospital. The police were called. She was asked, "Who did this to you?" The only thing she could whisper was - "My son, my son..." So, guess what everybody thought? Right! it was her son who nearly killed his own mother! It was good for this son that he had a strong alibi, excellent references and good relations with lawyers (because this lady used to be a lawyer), so it avoided suspicion. However, the "bad guys" have never been found but since the lady managed to survive, which is a miracle actually, the police just closed the case. Now, what would happen if she'd died and her son couldn't prove that he hadn't been able to murder her?

That lady is (thanks God not "was"!) my mother, and I am the son.

God bless you all! Smile

Amazing story.
This is not 200% evidence for me -only one witness also in bad shape.
But if you would gone for prison for life (becouse there is no penalty death invyour country) you would be happier.? So why dont you want ban life penalty? (how is dozywocie in english?)

Greetings
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Maybe you mean életfogytiglan, Towito. (like, life-long penalty)
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Kiskun wrote:

thank you i was talking about it Smile d
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Kiskun wrote:

This Hungarian language Laughing I mentioned that I'm reading a book about Janos Eskerhazy, interesting but already the first sentence put a smile in my face. He was born in Nyitraujlak. Razz
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Quote :
But if you would gone for prison for life (becouse there is no penalty death invyour country) you would be happier.? So why dont you want ban life penalty?

Oh yes, Towito, I would definitely be happier to stay alive hoping that the truth would come out, and having a chance to do something for it. I wouldn't wish to be killed for something I never did. it is not just about Life. It is about a Good Name.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 8:24 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Quote :
But if you would gone for prison for life (becouse there is no penalty death invyour country) you would be happier.? So why dont you want ban life penalty?

Oh yes, Towito, I would definitely be happier to stay alive hoping that the truth would come out, and having a chance to do something for it. I wouldn't wish to be killed for something I never did. it is not just about Life. It is about a Good Name.

200% strong evidence, not blind revange.
If You don't belive that so strong evidence can exist You automatically admit that Bin Laden can be innocent man.And Americans should give him life-long penalty that he would have chance to prove that he is inocent. I feel like i was reading Gombrowicz.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Quote :
If You don't belive that so strong evidence can exist You automatically admit that Bin Laden can be innocent man.

Who's mr Bin Laden? And where is "200% strong evidence" that he's guilty?))

C'mon, Towito, you understand what I'm saying pretty well)
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 11:26 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
Kiskun wrote:

This Hungarian language Laughing I mentioned that I'm reading a book about Janos Eskerhazy, interesting but already the first sentence put a smile in my face. He was born in Nyitraujlak. Razz

Very Happy Bugyi and Iregszemcse are worse.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 7:23 am

NowhereMan wrote:
Quote :
If You don't belive that so strong evidence can exist You automatically admit that Bin Laden can be innocent man.

Who's mr Bin Laden? And where is "200% strong evidence" that he's guilty?))

C'mon, Towito, you understand what I'm saying pretty well)

No I don;t understand it.
BinLaden admited that he organized terrorist attack.
Nobody else admited to this. Nobody else claim to be Al Kaida chief.
Not enough?
So what is enough for You to be described as 200% strong evidence?
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Kiskun wrote:

Very Happy Bugyi and Iregszemcse are worse.

I disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death penalty poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty poll   Death penalty poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Death penalty poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next