People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Journalism in Russia

Go down 
+4
Communist Gipsy
NowhereMan
bobhatersfriend
Earthland
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Earthland

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Journalism in Russia Empty
PostSubject: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 8:49 pm

I ask the Russians... do you think the press you read every day is free or journalists have to write only these things Putin has accepted?

Statistic: In Putin time every year two journalists have died.

I read about one death...

1. Journalist wrote articel that criticise goverment
2. Journalist, in misteryous way, fell out of the window of his home
3. Goverment said it was suicide

It was so described in Estonian newspaper "Postimees"

I just thought.... is it very terrible to be journalist in Russia?
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earthland

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:00 pm

But in some places it just little MORE terrible.... Smile

There was even movie about how one journalist was killed, and goverment "found guilty" one boy who was just in the canteen near the murder place. Of cours there were tens of witnesses who said he was in canteen but militia didn't hear anybody and boy was jailed.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earthland

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:19 pm

In USA they say that their (journalists) deaths are just for their country, americans are enough stupid to believe it XDDD. Most brainwashed people live there. They have bought grounds on the moan Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Earthland wrote:
I ask the Russians... do you think the press you read every day is free or journalists have to write only these things Putin has accepted?

Statistic: In Putin time every year two journalists have died.

I read about one death...

1. Journalist wrote articel that criticise goverment
2. Journalist, in misteryous way, fell out of the window of his home
3. Goverment said it was suicide

It was so described in Estonian newspaper "Postimees"

I just thought.... is it very terrible to be journalist in Russia?

Hmm... I'm not sure about the traditional newspapers, but on the net they seem to be free...
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 11:43 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:

to be honest, I've never read an article that speak poorly about the government, Bush, or anything..

Bush has very negative media coverage, watch CNN, read The New York Times or Washington Post. They are his the biggest opponents among mainstream media.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 11:47 pm

International Hate wrote:
bobhatersfriend wrote:

people are also always telling me the education in the USA is the best.. my parent's tell me thats bullshit...
It's not bullshit. It's the best, if you got $$$ Smile Ok maybe Israel has the best education, i don't know, atleast they're getting most of the Nobel prizes
Jewish culture always put great interest on education. I dare to say that the most respected American philosophers, economists and intellectuals in general are Jews.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 2:40 am

I don't know about the other areas but as much as I've talked to Americans, they really don't know anything about geography. Most of them haven't even heard about Estonia and if they have they consider it some kind of stone-aged place: http://www.freepress.net/news/24322 .

I don't think there's point in doing a new topic about that article but in any case it's very insulting.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 am

Helena wrote:
I don't know about the other areas but as much as I've talked to Americans, they really don't know anything about geography. Most of them haven't even heard about Estonia and if they have they consider it some kind of stone-aged place: http://www.freepress.net/news/24322 .

I don't think there's point in doing a new topic about that article but in any case it's very insulting.

America is a very big country and there are lots of technical problems giving people broadband access to the net. it's the same here in Russia. We have very expensive internet acces here, and in remote places you can only connect via dial-up or GPRS which is even more expensive and slow.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 12:28 pm

International Hate wrote:
bobhatersfriend wrote:

people are also always telling me the education in the USA is the best.. my parent's tell me thats bullshit...
It's not bullshit. It's the best, if you got $$$ Smile Ok maybe Israel has the best education, i don't know, atleast they're getting most of the Nobel prizes

Well, maybe their country? But it is well known here that Hungarians have the most Nobel-prized people in the percentage of the population. Many of them had to emigrate abroad unfortunately, that is why statistics don't show it. Teller Ede, Szilárd Leó, just to mention some. It's not of patriotism, it is a fact.
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 8:12 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Yeah, I got what Helena meant, it's just I'm more intrested in internet access and technology than in american's opinion about Estonia... Actually, I myself, didn't know much about Estonia before that... thing you know... So.. hehe.. again, America is very big, and there's so much going on there, so i think it's ok they don't know much about estonia or any other country. And I do understand them because even here in my area there are so many places where I have never been! Not to mention the whole Russia - siberia, far east, south urals... god! it's a big world Smile
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 10:36 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Yeah, I got what Helena meant, it's just I'm more intrested in internet access and technology than in american's opinion about Estonia... Actually, I myself, didn't know much about Estonia before that... thing you know... So.. hehe.. again, America is very big, and there's so much going on there, so i think it's ok they don't know much about estonia or any other country. And I do understand them because even here in my area there are so many places where I have never been! Not to mention the whole Russia - siberia, far east, south urals... god! it's a big world Smile
I am just very disturbed that people come to describe my country as some kind of banana republic when they don't even know anything about it.

But yes, I guess it's hard to see all Russia as it's so big. Even I haven't been in all Estonia though it's much smaller. Pärnu (the third biggest town), Võrtsjärv (a big lake in the middle of Estonia) Alutaguse and Soomaa woods, many smaller islands and towns are still to be discovered Smile
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 10:56 pm

I know very well how average European know geography of Asia, Americas, Africa and even Europe... Could you really point on the map some American states or name for example 15 of them? The same with Russia, India, Brazil or China.
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 11:51 am

I could name more than 15 states of USA I think. And point out at least 4 or so Razz

And pointing out bigger countries in Asia is not a problem. Africa is a bit more difficult but I guess I could get like 5 correct at the least. And of course I know most of Europe, tho the whole former Yugoslavian area is a bit fuzzy to me Razz

Tho the sad thing is, I think I'm about 3rd or so in our class in map-knowledge. Most people can have troubles finding even simpler countries sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Very Happy I have never known what could be the average here. I am fond of geography so such tasks what Rzeczpospolita said aren't any excercises for me.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 12:35 am

Quote :
http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=23098

Reporters Without Borders voiced alarm today on learning that Russian journalist and opposition activist Larissa Arap was interned in a psychiatric hospital earlier this month in unclear circumstances.

This would be a comeback to Soviet era methods. Vladimir Bukovski spent a lot of time in such hospitals and later wrote a book about this system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journalism in Russia   Journalism in Russia Empty

Back to top Go down

Journalism in Russia
Page 1 of 1