People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Nationalizations in Russia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Nationalizations in Russia Empty
PostSubject: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 pm

Quote :
The Kremlin-inspired bankruptcy of Yukos has certainly also contributed to the achievement of the Russian government's wider economic strategy. Its objective is for the state to take over control of the most profitable sectors, such as the oil sector in this case, and subordinate them to the needs of the state and the interests of the Kremlin clans. This de facto re-nationalisation has not been limited to the oil sector, but has also been extended to other sectors such as the machine-building, automotive and aviation industries.

As a result of the ownership changes following the sale of Yukos, the state has significantly expanded its presence in the oil sector. At present, nearly 40 percent of oil in Russia is produced by state-owned companies, compared to 16 percent in 2003.

http://osw.waw.pl/en/epub/EW/2007/070829/01.htm

Nationalization in others sectors of Russian industry is completely overshadowed in our media outlets by the events which happened to oil industry. From communism to oligarchy and not to communism again. I don't even ask what will be the next move No I believe that Russian society also "buy" this BS about "national asserts'. Does this opposition around Kasparov at least oppose such centralization policy in economy or perhaps they don't raise this issue at all?
Back to top Go down
lemmik

lemmik

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:54 am

It is quite clear, that Kasparov and other oppositions can't do much to change the big game. Ok i don't live there, so I might have the wrong picture. But it seems, that people support Russian bit forcible policy. Like those nuke bombers and stuff. So if government seems strong, let better them hold all important industries. Of course it's foolish, but after people are said that foreing investors are blood suckers and look how our country is raising his power now, it may work (at least seems to be working Crying or Very sad ).
I think, that Russia isn't just ready for western capitalism. Oligarchs and their businesmanners are working againt it and Putins team is using this weapon well. Maybe there will be time, when you can't make any different making business with e.g. Swedish or Russian company, but it's not likely No .

So as an answer-> Don't think that most educated people are buying it (really hope so), but they have only little chance to make any different. It's easy to manipulate not so bright minds when you have power with no strong and well supported opponent. I'm not saying that russians are stupid, but not everyone is interested in politics and if media (mostly contrelled by Kremlin) is telling, that coverments way is the right one, then...
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 3:16 pm

I'm aware that Kasparov has no influence on Russian politics, just asked whether they raise this argument at all.

I don't wish Russia any "western capitalism", I would rather expect abandoning huge bureaucratic apparatus. I don't know whether Russia will ever ready to move on, I'm hardly optimistic. On other hand for what Russia is ready now?
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 8:27 pm

I think western capitalism is not so brutal as russian is or rather was. But the time when everything is changing is most important when you achive good place it is very possible that your situation in future will be stil good. In western countries career starts after 50/60 and is some natural step, in young capitalistic countries much much earlier and becouse of win fight (sometimes beyond the law). We jumped with closed eyes into capitalism at early 90 -thies and we still pay for this.
Back to top Go down
lemmik

lemmik

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:34 am

I prefer liberal economy, so government must intervene only in very strategic areas or drastic situations. Free market will give best product for same money. There's no different, is the monopol holder national or private company. Especially condemnable is nationalisation taking place by using unfair measures.

Russian parlamental election campaign has been officialy started yesterday, so we will hear and see soon. I don't know parties programmes, but hope opposition will at least have it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nationalizations in Russia   Nationalizations in Russia Empty

Back to top Go down

Nationalizations in Russia
Page 1 of 1