People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Who are allies of Russia?

Go down 
+5
«Trayus»
Communist Gipsy
NowhereMan
Rzeczpospolita
bobhatersfriend
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Who are allies of Russia? Empty
PostSubject: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 7:32 pm

China has no allies, they don’t need any. I don’t really follow political situation in southern-east Asia, so I cannot say much about Vietnam relations with Russia. I think that they are rather neutral to Russia. I know they have communist government, so if this is enough to be ally of Russia… Smile Why did you mention them?

If you look at attitude of governments, “stans” in Central Asia, Armenia are close with Russia. “Stans” because Russia tolerate local dictators and because they are economically dependent from Russia. Armenia because Russia support ethnic Armenians in separatist republic of Nagorno-Karabah, officially a part of Azerbaijan. Perhaps partially Belarus, although recently Lukashenko strongly argued with them.

Ethnically I think that central-eastern Belarusians, eastern-southern Ukrainians and Armenians consider their relationship with Russians to be something special.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 8:36 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:

and lol i didn't know vietnam had communism lol, i just thought they would be an allies because i thought Russia helped them during war o_O
but like yeah thank you for the information ^.^

Russia or Soviet Union? This is the same for you?
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
bobhatersfriend wrote:

and lol i didn't know vietnam had communism lol, i just thought they would be an allies because i thought Russia helped them during war o_O
but like yeah thank you for the information ^.^

Russia or Soviet Union? This is the same for you?

Looks like it's the same for lots of people... even in Russia itself.. Sad
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 2:10 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 11:14 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
sorry i wasn't thinking properly, i'm not use to saying Soviet Union, sorry peoples....

Well, the Soviet Union was more ''Russian-ish'', since other languages than Russian were discriminated within it's borders, languages of the Soviet Republics I mean.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am

I've been looking around about the Youtube (especially about the patriotic Russian videos) and the Russian-Serbian-Greek friendship is quite widely mentioned (as they have the same orthodox religion).
I know Russia also has many supporters in Abkhazia. It's a small part of Georgia wanting to become independent. As the Georgia's main enemy is Russia, Abkhazia supports it. I didn't have anything against their independence but I'm afraid that as they have no other allies, Abkhazia would just become a satellite country of Russia.
Probably there are backers of Russia in Armenia, too, because they have had Turkey occupating them for centuries and they don't have much allies to choose from, therefore their chance against Turkey and Azerbaidzhan is to support Russia.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 4:17 pm

You are right, I forget about the Serbs. About Abkhaz I’m not so sure about opinion of their population.
Back to top Go down
LPF

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 pm

i don't understand the problem in Abkhazia, maybe someone can explain it...
like in Abkhazia there are many russians? and some kind of natural recources? or?? and in Abkhazia there are russian troops??
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:59 pm

After collapse of Soviet Union Abkhazia become part of Georgia. However Russia supported local Abkhaz and ethnic Russian separatists whom caused civil war. In the end Georgians whom consisted majority in this region were cleansed out. One should mention that Chechen terrorist Shamil Basayev at that time was technically allied with Russia against Georgia. However his goal was to include partly Muslim Abkhazia to pan-Caucasian Islamic caliphate. Today Abkhaz government is considered to be Russian puppet. Officially they are still part of Georgia, no country recognized them even Russia which more or less secretly helps them. Russian troops stationing over there as a peacemakers from CIS, this is quite a farce of course.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:28 am

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
After collapse of Soviet Union Abkhazia become part of Georgia. However Russia supported local Abkhaz and ethnic Russian separatists whom caused civil war. In the end Georgians whom consisted majority in this region were cleansed out. One should mention that Chechen terrorist Shamil Basayev at that time was technically allied with Russia against Georgia. However his goal was to include partly Muslim Abkhazia to pan-Caucasian Islamic caliphate. Today Abkhaz government is considered to be Russian puppet. Officially they are still part of Georgia, no country recognized them even Russia which more or less secretly helps them. Russian troops stationing over there as a peacemakers from CIS, this is quite a farce of course.

Your post sounds very negative. What's wrong with Russia supporting Abkhazia? Yes, Russia needs this territory. Abkhazian leaders asked russia to help... what's wrong with that? I remember when there was a conflict, some "hot heads" even screamed about the war between Russia and Georgia... they even counted approximate number casualties... That was the real farce!
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 2:51 pm

How could I consider such hostile interference in to third country affairs positively? Add also South Ossetia, pretty similar case. Abkhaz people consisted minority in this region, Georgians were cleansed. When Russia is right in Kosovo, I can admit it even if such stance in unpopular in the west. Russia should stop messing in internal affairs of its neighbors. Perhaps some country should help Chechens if they ask?
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 7:58 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
How could I consider such hostile interference in to third country affairs positively? Add also South Ossetia, pretty similar case. Abkhaz people consisted minority in this region, Georgians were cleansed. When Russia is right in Kosovo, I can admit it even if such stance in unpopular in the west. Russia should stop messing in internal affairs of its neighbors. Perhaps some country should help Chechens if they ask?

Don't know if Chechens asked for some country's help, but there were terrorists from many-many countries. Even from Russia itself (funny, eh?). I think that Russia should focus on internal problems only, but at the same time I see that EVERY country IS messing in internal affairs of other countries, so... life is shit, you know, and we can't do anything about it...
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Individual terrorists this is not the same than official support and stream of money from Saudi Arabia for example.

I live in EU member country and Brussels would wish to stick its nose in our internal affairs all the time. However they are still far from causing civil war and keeping troops over here. Very Happy You are absolutely right, Russian politicians should try to resolve your internal problems, they have enough of job to do over there.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Quote :
Individual terrorists this is not the same than official support and stream of money from Saudi Arabia for example. I live in EU member country and Brussels would wish to stick its nose in our internal affairs all the time. However they are still far from causing civil war and keeping troops over here. You are absolutely right, Russian politicians should try to resolve your internal problems, they have enough of job to do over there.

Yes, but they didn't go there on vacation. Somebody paid them for that.

Unfortunatly, relations between EU counries are different from relations between other counries in the world Sad
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 pm

A military alliance EU with USA? naah, EU is for intergration purposes only.
Some seperate members are.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 6:28 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
isn't the EU allies with the US or something?

It's not so simple. Many EU members are in NATO also, as well as the USA. So there is a military alliance too with some states. But in general, European population is not so fond of just licking the ass of USA all the time. Europeans don't want to interfere into a lot of trouble where USA drives NATO countries.
Back to top Go down
smpt

smpt

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:16 pm

Well, there's the Commonwealth of Independent States, which was formed after the brake-up of the Soviet Union. The member states should have more co-operation with Russia then, though nowadays Georgia and Ukraine are more looking westwards... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are allies of Russia?   Who are allies of Russia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are allies of Russia?
Page 1 of 1