People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Russia. What is It?

Go down 
+8
Hypno
Voodoo
NowhereMan
bobhatersfriend
Kiskun
Communist Gipsy
whatever
megazoo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
megazoo

megazoo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Russia. What is It? Empty
PostSubject: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyWed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm russian and want to know everything, what you think about my country.. It's very interesting for me.

Sorry for bad English.

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whatever

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyWed May 30, 2007 8:22 pm

Russia is old Country what still tries to hold on to its former glory and power. Instead of understanding others, supporting the world and making it safer place.

In my opinion Russia and most of the east Europe countries need new politics instead of old ones who have already burned out and out of good and normal ideas.

Holding to ex power and glory makes country weak, because people get to emotional about that. And like it feels to me Russia tries to hold on to USSR's traditions and glory it makes them to afraid outer world just like it was in USSR times, thats a weakness.

It is just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyWed May 30, 2007 8:29 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:43 am

whatever wrote:
Russia is old Country what still tries to hold on to its former glory and power. Instead of understanding others, supporting the world and making it safer place.

In my opinion Russia and most of the east Europe countries need new politics instead of old ones who have already burned out and out of good and normal ideas.

Holding to ex power and glory makes country weak, because people get to emotional about that. And like it feels to me Russia tries to hold on to USSR's traditions and glory it makes them to afraid outer world just like it was in USSR times, thats a weakness.

It is just my opinion

It is not only your opinion Cool I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:21 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 7:27 am

bobhatersfriend wrote:
I'm Russian, but i was born in the USA and still live here.
I have never been to Russia but i have been to Belarus

and i would just like to say i think Russia is AWESOME! i think it is way cooler/better then the US. although i know right now it is dangerous there but i think that the ppl are nice, nd Putin is awesome, i think he is the best president ever! i honestly don't see why people hate Russia, but i dont see anything wrong with it.

It's always a little bit funny for me to hear what others say about russia, but anyway... why do think it's dangerous here? Smile
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 9:38 am

Russian government is manipulateing with people for their profit "journalism", "lies", "propaganda", decreasing democracy, unfriendly relations to other countries. This is bad for people and other countries, i wish Russia would become norrmal democracy nowadays country. I dont know where it comes from, old KGB triks maybe. People respect Putin for building up economically stronger country its true but in long term i think Putin is screwing up. Democraphical, liberal, open, friendly to other countries system would develope faster.
Back to top Go down
megazoo

megazoo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 10:09 am

Voodoo wrote:
Russian government is manipulateing with people for their profit "journalism", "lies", "propaganda", decreasing democracy, unfriendly relations to other countries. This is bad for people and other countries, i wish Russia would become norrmal democracy nowadays country. I dont know where it comes from, old KGB triks maybe. People respect Putin for building up economically stronger country its true but in long term i think Putin is screwing up. Democraphical, liberal, open, friendly to other countries system would develope faster.

Well, I think no country could be complitely democratican.
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:17 am

Well theres big differences, for example in other countris 140 journalists wouldnt be killed.

you can compare countries at www.worldaudit.org
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:30 am

I'm also concerned about the lack of liberal journalism in Russia.
Back to top Go down
whatever

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 1:47 pm

Russia is been considered dangerous because (at least in Moscow) there are some neonazis, who have killed many non-Russians or at least beaten them up.

Few years ago I thought also that Putin is the best president what Russia has had, but now I don't think that way after seeing in last years his aggressiv politics against neighbors and other countries.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:25 pm

---

Last edited by on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 5:16 pm

[quote="bobhatersfriend"]
Quote :

she is said if u want someone killed, u just ask the police, pay them money... and they kill them...

Oh God... It is not true, my dear No ... At least I think it's very expensive, otherwise we would have killed each other long ago Laughing Where is the cashdesk anyway?.. I'd like to..hush!!... it's a secret!.. I always hated my ex-boss... bom
Back to top Go down
whatever

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 9:31 pm

NowhereMan wrote:

Oh God... It is not true, my dear No ... At least I think it's very expensive, otherwise we would have killed each other long ago Laughing Where is the cashdesk anyway?.. I'd like to..hush!!... it's a secret!.. I always hated my ex-boss... bom

Lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Earthland

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 am

Thing I can't accept in Russia...

or, well, three most criminal organizations in Russia are called Russian governement, media and militia. One is killing, other is lying and the last one just don't to nothing. But all are directed by Putin.

So I don't like Russia as country. But I like Russians, because most of them are very friendly. Yeah, some are so-called "too patriotic", I mean neo-nazis and fascists (like that guy who killed 37 foreigners because he didn't like people from other countries.) But if we leave out "nashi" and its supporters, I think Russians are very nice. Anti-Estonian thing is just provocated by governemnt and journalism.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
whatever

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
lol people are even more patriotic in the USA! all they ever say is "USA, is the best country in the world, immigrants are lucky they live here." and if you speak another language besides English they start yelling and shouting and saying "ur in America speak ENGLISH!" and i'm just like...."w/e", and lik yeah I think Putin is awesome,what's wrong with him running the govertment?

Now this is funny (USA part of your text). They may think they are patriotic but looks like they don't know their own country Very Happy. In USA there isn't any official language, they use English every where and in figure of speech it is official but still they don't have writen in any law that it is their only and true language Very Happy.

So actually they are very stupid people there.

But in Russia you can be killed (in some parts of the cities) for speaking other language or for looking different than average Russian.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Quote :
But in Russia you can be killed (in some parts of the cities) for speaking other language or for looking different than average Russian.

It is not true... I don't look like average russian at all... In some parts of the cities you can be killed for not having cigarettes or money in your pocket... it's just a question of the crime rate in the country not of your language or something...
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 5:41 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 12:30 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Quote :

It is not true... I don't look like average russian at all... In some parts of the cities you can be killed for not having cigarettes or money in your pocket...
But if you can't speak the language you won't understand what they want, you don't give them your cigarettes (if you have them) becouse you don't know they want it and then they kill you.

Simple!
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Hypno wrote:
NowhereMan wrote:
Quote :

It is not true... I don't look like average russian at all... In some parts of the cities you can be killed for not having cigarettes or money in your pocket...
But if you can't speak the language you won't understand what they want, you don't give them your cigarettes (if you have them) becouse you don't know they want it and then they kill you.

Simple!

Look guys, things are not so bad here at all! Don't exaggerate! Of course in the big cities there are places where it's beter not to walk alone at night. And when I stay somewhere till late I prefer to take a taxi... but then again it has nothing to do with my enthnicity.
Back to top Go down
Earthland

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 5:36 pm

Things may not be so bad, but we can't ignore that quite many Russians, mainly young Russians, are little (or more) nationalistics. But I think it can't be so that no foreigner can't walk in Russia because he or she will be killed.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 11:48 am

I agree with some of You here,

There are many neo-nazis in cities like Moscov or St. Petersburg, I have watched a documentary about these subjects, they are quite dangerus, and the worst thing is Kremlin is supporting the neo-nazi terrorist groups, I fear that some day the nazis will take control over the Russian Federation, I dislike Putin and Kremlin for lowering down the quality of freedom and democracy by controling the media etc. also for the Chechenya war, what they've done there. Putin was making some sort of a atmosphere of danger in Russia, that they'll be attacked by the anti-rocket shield wich is planned to be built in Poland and Czech Republic, just to have more people to vote for his party, to make them feel that in such times of ''danger'' it is too early to change the rulers. I believe that it is impossible for Russia to become so democratic as the Western countries at this state, it would need to let many of it's republics be independant again, politicaly and territorialy.
In the federation on history lessons history is beign falsed, teachers aren't even really mentioning the Soviet occupation, just their ''liberation'' of eastern Europe and victory in the seconds World War, they're also falsing some bit's of history before the 2nd WW, like Polish - Bolshevic War, mixing up the reasons of starting the battle.
However in Russia, there are nice people and unnice people, like in all countries on Earth, luckyly for me I've got to know a nice person from there.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 3:09 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? Empty

Back to top Go down

Russia. What is It?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next