People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Directions in politics of Russia

Go down 
+5
Rzeczpospolita
bobhatersfriend
Kiskun
Hypno
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Directions in politics of Russia Empty
PostSubject: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Does anyone have time and skill to translate that? Rolling Eyes
http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/valismaa/article.php?id=16400937
Back to top Go down
https://people.forumotion.com
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 3:44 pm

I don't, but the main point is that a new history book in Russia, blessed by Putin himself, states that Stalin was the greatest leader of all times.
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Does anyone have time and skill to translate that? Rolling Eyes
http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/valismaa/article.php?id=16400937

One day I'll be able to Wink

(Especially if I find an Estonian to help me learning)
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Hypno wrote:
I don't, but the main point is that a new history book in Russia, blessed by Putin himself, states that Stalin was the greatest leader of all times.

cat Great. I also recommend in addition to build all new buildings in Neo-Stalin-baroque style. But only if they are being built in the place of hundred-year old decite ones. I hope you agree with me.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 11:34 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
stalin may have been paranoid and stuff, but every country has there own perspective of things..so like yeah,

After all Stalin killed more Russians than Hitler, so he deserve some credit. Is not this a perspective of enemy of Russia?
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 am

Hypno wrote:

Haven't seen the new book, so I can't say much about it... It is largely discussed on the net. Hard stuff... However the problem isn't Stalin - we already know too much about him, - but Putin's period...
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 am

Quote :
"well, he did win the war"
rather his generals and cannon fodder
one of german oficcers wrote in his diary from that times that in some battle russians attacked them wave after wave in open, flat terrain. German shot them like ducks. The only but big problem wes overheated machine guns. Soviet Union soldiers had no choice, if they surrend they would be shoot by NKWD (after come back) and their families would have problems. No step back or death - that was their choice. It's unfair in my opinion to glory Stalin in this case. He also kiled many Red Army officers before german attack (he saw enemys everywhwere), disregarded reports about concentrating german forces along west border. When he was informed about agression he paled and almost passed out.Not before few days he was ready to give statemant to nation and how nice one. Zukhov and Russin nation won this war not Stalin.
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 10:52 am

towito wrote:
Quote :
"well, he did win the war"
rather his generals and cannon fodder
one of german oficcers wrote in his diary from that times that in some battle russians attacked them wave after wave in open, flat terrain. German shot them like ducks. The only but big problem wes overheated machine guns. Soviet Union soldiers had no choice, if they surrend they would be shoot by NKWD (after come back) and their families would have problems. No step back or death - that was their choice. It's unfair in my opinion to glory Stalin in this case. He also kiled many Red Army officers before german attack (he saw enemys everywhwere), disregarded reports about concentrating german forces along west border. When he was informed about agression he paled and almost passed out.Not before few days he was ready to give statemant to nation and how nice one. Zukhov and Russin nation won this war not Stalin.

I agree with you. I would simply add that not only Russian, but all soviet people won the war.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 2:38 pm

bobhatersfriend wrote:
i guess not to all russians
i only spoke to two russian's, an armenian russian and my grandmother, my grandmother said he killed many because it was war, things go out of hand during war, i asked her if she thought stalin was a bad man and all she answered was "well, he did win the war" so like yeah

With whole respect your grandmother is not any authority on this matters. Better listen to what Nowhere Man write here, he seems to know much more. As he wrote Stalin dont deserve much of credit for this victory. He was horrible strategist, first made a pact with Hitler and later was shocked by German invasion. Another example, in 1920 he was general and thanks to his stupidity Soviets lead by Lenin at that time lost a war with Poland.

Quote :
and the other armenian- russian, who is forced to live in the USA was complaining how she hates it in the USA and how it was better during Stalin's reign -___- so i honestly don't know what other Russian's think.. since i've never met another Russian in the USA but like yeah

This is typical jerk-immigrant who failed to assimilate in his new country. All they do is complains but they still refuse to go back to home. He is not forced to stay in the US, he is free to go home. In Soviet Union peopel were forced to live there and cannot legally emigrate.
Back to top Go down
Rzeczpospolita

Rzeczpospolita

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Generally this new book is just another example of historic revisionism under Putin's reign. This confirm that people from his administration have this Soviet era mentality, they try to be considered loyal by all means. Finally they do things that even their bosses would not think about.

This case also reminds me about another new history book, this time about whole Europe. (Idea of the useless Council of Europe if I recall correctly) Some people dream to give school children all over Europe the same history book. Of course this is nonsense with exclude pluralism and different perspectives. When Polish Ministry of Education analyzed this book they found out that authors didn't mentioned that Germany invaded Poland in 1939!

My conclusion is that before we will monitor foreign history book we should check out our own backyard.
Back to top Go down
towito

towito

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Quote :
He was horrible strategist, first made a pact with Hitler and later was shocked by German invasion.

Im not inside this theme deep but I think the same. Hitler also didn't belived in normand invasion. No one is infallibility. But they were quite effecive in "wild politicy", you know eliminating enemies, gaining power etc. They say Stalin was very skilled in poetry in his youth. What a pity that he left it. From seminary episode to terror - a strange life road.

Quote :
When Polish Ministry of Education analyzed this book they found out that authors didn't mentioned that Germany invaded Poland in 1939!

Don't you know this is taboo. Very Happy ? Giertych should apologize for this memento Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Intelligent member
Hypno

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Rzeczpospolita wrote:
This case also reminds me about another new history book, this time about whole Europe. (Idea of the useless Council of Europe if I recall correctly) Some people dream to give school children all over Europe the same history book. Of course this is nonsense with exclude pluralism and different perspectives. When Polish Ministry of Education analyzed this book they found out that authors didn't mentioned that Germany invaded Poland in 1939!
The book would be fatter than everything J. R. R. Tolkien has ever written Razz I mean every country in Europe would want detailed history of their own country included...
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 8:17 pm

Yes but the WWII started when Germany attacked Poland. It's a bit strange that they didn't put in that important fact.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 pm

Quote :
Yes but the WWII started when Germany attacked Poland. It's a bit strange that they didn't put in that important fact.

I find that very extreemely über-strange aswel.
It's obvious! It's an international conspiracy attempting to erase some oncomfrtable facts for some nations of Europe! For example that invasion in 1939!

towito wrote:
Quote :
He was horrible strategist, first made a pact with Hitler and later was shocked by German invasion.

...They say Stalin was very skilled in poetry in his youth. What a pity that he left it.....memento Very Happy

He was studying it, his tutor was trying to convince him to stay in poetry, Hitler wanted to be painter at first.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 12:47 am

I've seen Hitlers paintings, I think he drew quite well. His works can be seen here. Maybe if he would have been accepted in school he tried to attend the history of the 20th century would've differed much from what it is now.
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 11:51 am

Agreed. Not even bad paintings. pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Directions in politics of Russia   Directions in politics of Russia Empty

Back to top Go down

Directions in politics of Russia
Page 1 of 1