People Are Same Everywhere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Are Same Everywhere

This international forum is for people from ex Soviet Union countries. Politics acts shouldn’t be cause of international hate. Aim is communication and dialog between people with different views. Be friendly and tolerant, speak English.

HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Russia. What is It?

Go down 
+8
Hypno
Voodoo
NowhereMan
bobhatersfriend
Kiskun
Communist Gipsy
whatever
megazoo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earthland

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Russia. What is It? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Hah
I found out that I like Russians Very Happy . I mean, now I have met some really nice Russian... Wink . But I don't like Putin & co Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 1:43 pm

I saw a Russian film yesterday, which was made with French co-operation in 2000. Its title was "Esküvő" in Hungarian, means wedding in English. Do you know it? It was really good, and also showed a lot about the life and society there. I wonder if it was really similar in 2000 there? And I wonder if it's better now? Or worse? For me, it didn't seem that terrible, but it is true, that such poverty wasn't here, not even in the 90's. I am waiting for your replies. If I attracted your interest, I tell more opinion.
Back to top Go down
Helena

Helena

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 am

Well, I must say that Russia is probably one of the favorite countries of mine (but of course it's impossible to beat Estonia Very Happy ). It seems to be full of discordance and different people. I also like the language because it differs so much from Estonian. Besides, it sounds good. The Russian comedies are also great Very Happy

Politics... I know the situation in there cannot be called democracy but it seems to suit to Russia. I mean, most of Russians are quite happy to have Putin as a strong leader. Russians are probably used that someone else is deciding the politics and stuff, in the meanwhile they can just mind their own business. Of course, as much as I've read and heard, the country is full of corruption and Putin really has the power, but it doesn't seem to disturb the usual Russians.

By the way, I probably wouldn't be interested in politics if there wouldn't be Russia. Persons like Putin are really interesting. He looks like an innocent man but if you look how strongly he controls the whole stuff...

What I don't like is that Putin kills (or lets the others kill) people whom he doesn't like. I'm right now reading the book of Anna Politkovskaya ("Putin's Russia") and if half of what she is talking about should be true, it would be very bad. For example she has proves that FSB actually tortures people to get what they want. That's not normal. Hurting or taking a life from another living being is absolutely unacceptable. It's cruel.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:09 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Wanna ask you something. What do you want Russia to be like? Who do you think should be the president of Russia? How should Russia act in the world.

Please, don't start that bla-bla show about democracy and freedom of speech - that goes without saying.
Back to top Go down
Earthland

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:57 pm

NowhereMan wrote:
Wanna ask you something. What do you want Russia to be like? Who do you think should be the president of Russia? How should Russia act in the world.

Please, don't start that bla-bla show about democracy and freedom of speech - that goes without saying.

Russia is the biggest country in world and it has habit to invaide its neighbour countries. And that's because so many dislike Russia. But now its over and I think Russia acts quite well with other countries, expect some special Russians.
Russia should show that they're not enemies any more, try to bring some trust in their neighbour nations and countries. Your current president is a disaster in this case. I don't know much about Russian politicians but I think someone other fits much better for president.
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:57 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PdM

PdM

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm

The main things, that are linked with Russia in media are poverty, mafia, secret services, interesting law (allofmp3 casus)... That's not the brigthest image of Russia... I think ppl don't know Russia.
You have a wide spread of dishes and you like alcohol, as I remember Smile

Tell me two things, you have a dish, Pierogi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi
One version o pierogi contain cottage chese, potatoes, onions, pepper and salt. In PL this is called ruskie pierogi (russian pierogi's). I heared once that you call this polskie pierogi (polish pierogi's). Is that true?

Quote :
you know like peaceful villages stuff like that
It was illusion. If you wan't the stuff like this, look for hippie communes, comunes of 1st christians, and anarchistic colectives. But all of they vanished...
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 6:43 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Communist Gipsy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 6:45 pm

-

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Quote :
interesting law (allofmp3 casus)

allofmp3 was a great service but it's not working now, and I hate those who closed this site, 'cause I still have 3 dollars on my account but can't use it anymore Evil or Very Mad

As for alcohol, it’s kinda funny… last year I studied in London and I and my group went out to the restaurant one day. There was a guy from France, and he said to me, “and you’re gonna drink vodka, eh?” I said, “No, I prefer beer”. His eyes rounded and he exclaimed, “Are you really Russian?!!”… We had a few beers, got a little bit drunk and he tried to sing a Russian folk song, and though I didn’t understand a word, I enjoyd his singing and the whole evening :-))

Don’t know about Russian – Polski pierogi… There are many different kinds and I don’t know their names :-) Actually, it’s funny too. Once I asked my English friend if there was a Russian restaurant close by, and he said “No, but there is a good Polish restaurant near”. You know, they don’t really see a big difference between us. Why do we act like… enemies or something?
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Quote :
is called ruskie pierogi (russian pierogi's). I heared once that you call this polskie pierogi (polish pierogi's). Is that true?

I'm sorry I..can't...resist...I..must...quarell....'bout...that Gah! I'm very curious!
Ruskie = Rus in English, Rus pierogi, in the late XIXth century, Rus' were started to be called Ukrainians, Rus Pierogi = Pierogi Ruskie in Polish, if it would be Russian it would be named Pierogi Rosyjskie in Poland, or atleast I think so, if it's really Russian than I'm wondering why Ruskie? or is it simplefied, maybe? I'm not sure but as we can see on the Wiki link ithe claims have been staked by many countries, probably it's impossible to say where it is truly from.
Dunno maybe that meal was created when countries like Poland or Russia weren't yet created? Than we can say that it was created by all of us slavic. =3

Quote :
Don’t know about Russian – Polski pierogi… There are many different kinds and I don’t know their names

Pierogi Polskie* in Polish ;D

Edit: I love the pierogi aswel! <3

Quote :
I think Russia should act how they use to when the Romanov's ruled..but like yeah idk that much....my opinions are weird because i can't really explain them well...

Ah...yes the good'ol Romanovs, always imperialistic, mostly undemocratic, always trying to conquer some kingdoms when they see a chance...ah yes Tsarica Catherine II of Russia, from the Romanov family aswel, one of the persons who caused the collapse of The Republic of Both nations, good'ol times. Suspect
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 2:19 am

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 2:53 pm

I only know "Tavarishy, konyec! Rusky, pashli damoj!" in Russian.
From my parents...

By the way, for us all Slavic languages sound the same Very Happy On the sides of products, all the same is written under a couple of different flags. tongue I heard Polish consider Hungarian very ugly. Maybe true.

Indeed, I know there is much more difference among those languages, than what an average thinks. When I watch those writings more particularly, it becomes clear
Back to top Go down
NowhereMan

NowhereMan

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Quote :
Ruskie in Polish, if it would be Russian it would be named Pierogi Rosyjskie in Poland, or atleast I think so, if it's really Russian than I'm wondering why Ruskie? or is it simplefied, maybe?

The term "rosyiskiy" is official; it is applied to things like... citizenship, for example - "Rosyiskoe grazhdanstvo". "Rossiyane" (Russians) - those who live in Russia/ have russian passport. And "Russkie" (Russians again) are ethnical russians. The term "Rossiyane" became very popular in Yetsin period, because he started every speech with words "Dorogie rossiyane..."

These very official terms can't apply to food and stuff like that... just a language peculiarity..
Back to top Go down
«Trayus»

«Trayus»

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Perhaps, I will have to research that. Thanks for the information tough! Smile

Quote :
I heard Polish consider Hungarian very ugly. Maybe true.

Doesn't seem to be ugly for me, but orginal.

bom
Back to top Go down
bobhatersfriend

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Last edited by bobhatersfriend on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PdM

PdM

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 7:22 pm

Quote :
Dunno maybe that meal was created when countries like Poland or Russia weren't yet created? Than we can say that it was created by all of us slavic. =3
It can't be. Potatoes came to Europe from America, so ruskie/polskie pierogi were invited after 1492 AD

bobhatersfriend: PL is hard to pronounce Wink But don't be said. 2/3 of our politic class have problems with our language Very Happy They say 'idom', 'zrobiom', 'bêdom' instead of 'id±', 'zrobi±', 'bêd±' etc...
Back to top Go down
Kiskun

Kiskun

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Just to tell for those who are interested: Bednaya Nastya finished in Hungary. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russia. What is It?   Russia. What is It? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Russia. What is It?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2